One million people affected in the U.S.
What is Autism?
What Makes Autistic Kids Different?
Our brains are in charge of understanding what is happening around us with what we see, touch, smell, hear, and experience.Kids with autism have trouble understanding these things which makes it hard for them to talk, listen, play, and learn.There are different levels of autism that range from mild to severe.
Signs of Autism
- The first two to three years of a child’s life it is diagnosed.
- The child isn't babbling or pointing by age one.
- There is no response when someone says their name.
- The child has poor eye contact.
- There is no smiling or social responsiveness.
- The child has no ability to make friends with peers.
- There is an absence of how to be social or play.
- The child isn't flexible to change their schedule
One education that fits the unique learning styles of the autistic child.
There are Speech, Occupational, or Physical therapy to help with skills.
Medication can be given if the child has unique things that medication can help like seizures, lack of sleep, etc.
Causes of Autism
- No one has found the exact cause
- Weight problems when they are born. (too big, too small)
- Mothers who have Birth problems.
- Genetics within the family.
- Vaccines that the child has received. (proven wrong)
- Abnormalities in brain structure noticed by a doctor.
There is no way to prevent Autism. Autism is a lifelong disability .
Organizations that help Autism