Florence 1 Schools | PD Blast
Week of October 24th | October 27th
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. The power of education extends beyond the development of skills we need for economic success. It can contribute to nation-building and reconciliation.” - Nelson Mandela
Helpful Kick Up Links
Here are a few helpful resources to orient you to the basic actions you might take in KickUp:
Access our PD platform with https://pulse.kickup.co/
All About Link-It | Link-It Resources
PD Task Force
Helping Students Focus: Professional Development Opportunities (PD FOR ALL)
November 2, 2022 3:00 p.m.–4:30 p.m.
• Learn to use a strengths-based (cognitive, behavioral, & academic) approach to provide a multi-level student intervention plan.
• Identify and ask significant questions that clarify various perspectives to build empathy and understanding for positive relationships.
• Explore how high-quality mentoring relationship programs can guide students to realize their full social and academic potential.
Option 1: Learning Liaisons Boot Camp
STEP 1: CLICK HERE to Complete the Google Form
STEP 2: Use the link in the email from the Office of Professional Development to register for the online Praxis Boot Camp.
STEP 3: Watch the welcome video from Dr. A. Use the code to get free access to your Praxis test prep.
Serious inquires only. Participants will be required to finish all courses. Analytics will be provided to district administration. (Only 30 spots available.)
Want More of the PD Sessions from | Kiker Learning | eSchool Professional Development | Self Paced Courses
Want more in-depth training with the G Suite at your own pace. Sign up for the Kiker Learning eSchool available to Florence 1 Employees. (50 Spots Available)
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
Center of Excellence Webinar Series
National Board Certification
Tuition Reimbursement 2022-2023 | Get Paid To Go To School
The current incentive for the 2022-2023 school year entitles all full-time employees tuition reimbursement up to $2,000 per year, per employee for courses taken during the period of July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023. Employees who have been employed in Florence 1 Schools for at least three (3) years are eligible to receive up to $2,000. Employees who have been employed in Florence 1 Schools less than three (3) years are eligible to receive up to $1,000. To be eligible for tuition reimbursement upon the acquisition of additional academic credits or completion of a degree program, the following steps must be followed.
Prior to Taking the Course:
- Courses must be approved by the Superintendent of Schools PRIOR to enrolling/registering in the course.
- The tuition assistance shall be provided only for a course or degree related to the employee’s current or future job responsibilities.
- The institution shall be a duly authorized institution of higher education.
- Complete a Course Approval Form. One copy is attached for your reference.
- All courses must be graduate level courses for certified personnel.
- If you change courses you MUST reapply. Only courses outlined on your approval form will be honored.
Only send a complete package to Kim Hoffman which includes:
- Approval form clearly outlines the course(s) which you plan to enroll
- The dates of the course(s)
- The cost of the course(s)
- Course descriptions from the College/University website or course catalog for each course listed below.
edWeb.net is an award-winning professional learning network that serves the global education community. Join communities to connect with peers and learn from experts on so many topics! Watch edWebinars live or on demand anytime to earn CE certificates. Listen to podcasts of selected edWeb programs.
SCETV offers an array of professional development opportunities for PreK-12 educators. Click on the SCETV icon to search for courses currently open for enrollment.
FREE ETV Technology Training - the staff at ETV trains over 3,000 SC teachers at their locations every school year. They will work with teachers during their planning periods, after school or on in-service days. ETV's trainers specialize in web tools, iPads and Google as well as all of the wonderful ETV resources.
* If SCETV Recertification Courses are in-between enrollment periods, you can review course information and upcoming offering dates here.