May 2, 2019
Roosevelt Weekly Parent Info
Hello Roosevelt families! A few brief reminders for the week--thanks for taking the time to stay in the know.
• Get on the Beam: You are invited to participate in Habitat for Humanity's 21st annual "Get on the Beam" Campaign. The beam is a 2x4 located in the Roosevelt Office. Please donate a dollar or more and sign the 2x4. The beam will become part of the framework for a Habitat house in St. Peter or LeSueur. Your donations will purchase building materials. Thank you for your contributions.
• Summer Feeding Program: The Summer Feeding Program is for all students who attend one of the 21 public schools served by the Backpack Food Program. It is for students who will be entering grades K-8 in the 2019-20 school year. Each child will receive weekend food packs delivered directly to their door steps. If you feel that your child(ren) will utilize the program, please complete this online enrollment link .
• The Roosevelt Carnival will be here before you know it! This year, it will held rain or shine on Thursday, May 16 from 5:00-7:00pm. This event simply cannot happen without many, many volunteers. Please consider helping using this online link!!! Thank you, in advance, for your willingness to help make this happen!
• BUSING for NEXT YEAR...IMPORTANT FOR ALL: As another school year draws to a close it is time to register for school bus transportation for the 2019-2020 school year. Transportation Registration Forms will be coming home from school in the Friday folder on May 3. This form will be light pink in color. Please return the form before the end of the school year. ALL families need to complete this form, even if students do NOT ride a bus!
Students who have completed a Transportation Registration Form before August 1st will be guaranteed busing for the 1st day of school. Late registrations will likely not have bus transportation in a timely manner, and a significant number of late registrations will require the addition and changing of the bus routes that will be in place the 1st day of school, and parents will be required to transport their student until the form is processed and the bus pass received. Thank you for your timely completion of this required form.
• School Supply Kits: Please don't delay in ordering your child's school supplies for next year. If you have never done it this way...you are missing out!!! Everything (or nearly everything) you need for school supplies delivered right to the classroom in the fall! No check-out lines, no hassle! And very competitive prices. I've done this each year my kids have been in elementary school, and in my opinion, it's the only way to go. Simply go to: www.shopttkits.com and use account number: 30934. No orders will be accepted after June 3, 2019.
• MAPS Wellness Week: Please check out the awesome week that is planned for students the week of May 6. The attachment is below. Many cool things!!!!
• Rocky Time: Today we continued our theme of PERSISTENCE, GRIT, and SELF-DETERMINATION. We talked about things within a student's control and things outside of their control. We also read stories about persistence and had conversations about the idea of effort being very much in one's control. It's a great theme to reflect upon as we head into the last part of the year and work together to FINISH STRONG!!!
Lunch with the Principal
Congrats to Bonnie for winning Lunch with the Principal. She invited two friends Keep reading, Raccoons! This could be YOU!
Parent Circle Potluck
It was chilly, but great fun was had at the Roosevelt Parent Circle potluck held at Sibley Park last night!
Principal for the Morning
Eyn rocked being the principal at Roosevelt. Keep reading, Raccoons!