LMS Weekly Reminder
Upcoming Task and Dates to Remember for this Week.
THIS WEEK- February 17-21
- February 17th- YA Lit Southern Middle School
If you have any questions please contact Holly Maness
- February 17th - Instructional Techonolgy & Innovation Office 365 Skydrive & Web Office Apps 1-3pm Click here to register
- February 18th Instructional Technology & Innovation Office 365 Skydrive & Web Office Apps 9-11 Click here to register
- February 20th Instructional Technology & Innovation Office 365 Skydrive & Web Office Apps 1-3pm Click here to register
- February 20th Instructional Technology & Innovation Office 365 Skydrive & Web Office Apps 4-5:30pm Click here to register
- February 21st Instructional Technology & Innovation Office 365 Skydrive & Web Office Apps 9-11am Click here to register
- February 21st Instructional Technology & Innovation Office 365 Skydrive & Web Office Apps 1-3pm Click here to register
Dates to Remember
- February 26th- Middle and High School Media Specialist PLC
TOPIC: NCWiseOwl HS & MS Resources with Dan Sparlin
- February 27th- Elementary Media Specialist PLC
TOPIC: NCWiseOwl Elementary Resources with Dan Sparlin
- April 5th- GCS Global Education Conference
Click HERE to register through PD for credit.
- April 23rd- World Book Night USA
More information to come.
Scholastic Book Sale Event
• Dollar Days Sale applies ONLY to preselected items marked down for clearance.
• Exclusively for Teachers, Librarians, School Personnel, Book Fair Chairpeople, School Volunteers, and Homeschool Groups.
• Nothing over $5.00 and hundreds of items $2.00 or less. (Excludes some book sets.)
• Great way to refresh school, home, and classroom libraries!
• Maximize Title I funding and purchase order dollars.
• Deep Discounts on Children's Press Library Bound Books and Grolier Book Sets. (While supplies last)
Great Read Across America Idea
Maybe you can help this Wisconsin SLMC with her Read Across America project or maybe this will springboard connections of your own: https://sites.google.com/a/wdpsd.com/hc-libra...
Media Specialist of the Year Nominations
CLICK HERE to access the Media Specialist of the Year nomination packet. The Nomination Form should be completed by the nominator. The Questionnaire and Supporting Information should be completed by the nominee. All materials are due by March 3 and may be emailed to Joanna Pendleton at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you decide to nominate a colleague for this honor, please be sure to notify him/her so that he/she may begin the application process.
Instructional Tech. Courses
GREAT NEWS! If you attend at least 3 instructional courses throughout the year you will now receive credit. (Please share with staff.)
Instructional Technology Training Sessions Offered
Tune into the buzz about professional development opportunities offered by the Instructional Technology team. Their "Winter AV Month" series of classes begins in December. Click here for a full list of classes and more details.
REMEMBER: Please share this information with your staff.
Library Media Services
Have a wonderful week!
Remember: If you would like text reminders about media services events text @mediaspe to (469)275-4562
Employee of the Month
CLICK HERE to nominate someone for Employee of the Month.