- 12/20-1/7- Winter Break No School (Students return on 1/8/20)
- 1/7/20 Teacher in service Day
- 1/13/20- 6-8th Grade Assembly & Dolphin Creed/8th Grade agreement
- 1/16/20 PTO Meeting Room 16 7PM
- 1/20/20- No School, Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- 1/21/20- ELAC Meeting Rm 16 @ 3:00
- 1/28/20 @ 3:00 SSC Rm 16
- 2/7/20-2/9/20 Clifford School Play- Legally Blonde Jr.
- 2/17/20- Presidents' Holiday- No School
- 2/24/20-2/28/20- 7th Grade Yosemite Trip!
- 3/20/20- Lincoln's Day- No School
- 3/27/20- Family Dance @ Clifford
- 3/30-4/3 5th Grade Outdoor Education Trip
Our Dolphin Award Winners- Wall of Fame!
Please share with potential new families about key dates and enrollment timelines!
Do you want to learn more about Sequoia's honors IB Program?
- Is your 8th grader attending Sequoia High School next year? Do you want to learn more about Sequoia's honors IB Program? Please attend Sequoia's 8th Grade IB Info Meeting on January 14th from 6:00 pm at Sequoia High School in Carrington Hall. This meeting will be held in English. Thank you. See link: https://tinyurl.com/wb4d2wo
- Si su estudiante del octavo grado asistirá a Sequoia High School el próximo año ¿Quiere que sea exitoso en la preparatoria y que asista a la universidad? Para que su estudiante sea exitoso en la preparatoria y aprenda sobre el programa de honores de IB, por favor asista a la reunión del Octava Grado sobre Información del programa IB el martes,14 de enero 2020 en el Centro de Medios/ Biblioteca de la escuela Sequoia a las 6.00 pm. Esta reunión es muy importante para usted y será ofrecida en español. LOS ESPERAMOS https://tinyurl.com/wb4d2wo
Clifford ELAC (English Learning Advisory Council) Meeting
Any student's parent or community member can serve on the ELAC. The ELAC executive board is made up of five ELAC members who can only be elected by parents of English Learners. At least three members of the executive board must be parents of English Learners themselves. The chairperson must be a parent of an English Learner in attendance at the school.
What are the responsibilities of the ELAC?
- Consult with parents regarding academic services provided to English learners. All ELAC meeting agendas are publicly posted and meetings are a matter of public record.
- Advise in the development and implementation of the school site plan for services and programs for English learners and submit them to the district's governing board.
- Review the school's language census report and academic achievement results when developing the school's plan for English learner services and programs.
- Help make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance.
Our Next ELAC meeting is, January 21 at 3PM in room 16
Dear Dolphin Families,
As we near the end of 2019, I would like to thank the PTO, parent community, staff, and extended community for their commitment to Clifford School. I wish you all a restful and rejuvenating holiday break. We will see you back on January 8th, 2020.