The Buza Bulletin
March 7, 2014 | Leonard Elementary
- We had a very busy week! Monday we kicked off reading month and with an assembly in the gym, then members of the high school swim team came to the classroom and read us books.
- Thursday was Grandparents Day and the students were so excited to see their grandmas and grandpas. Everyone had a great time!! (Thank you to everyone who cameJ)
- Finally, to end our week we had another special visitor, Leo the Lion who passed out books to some students (everyone will receive a book by the end of the month).
Our week was full of review. We discussed letters: D, R, T, I & G. Students compared and contrasted these letters along with making lists of words that begin with each letter. We also reviewed all the sight words we’ve been introduced to so far this year. The list of words is getting longer and each week we are introduced to two more!
- We also learned about the “an” family that consists of words like: can, Jan, man, fan, etc.
Notes & Reminders
- Our class will be publishing a book! Order forms and information can be found in this weeks folder. Please check it out & let me know if you have any questions.
- It is hard to believe the end of the 3rd marking period is approaching. We have been working hard in the classroom and I am excited for you to see how much students have grown academically.
- Follow us on twitter: @mrsbuzasclass or check out our latest news and pictures on our webpage: mrsbuza.weebly.com
- 3/21 – Pickle Day
- 3/14 & 3/28 – Popcorn Day
- 3/15 – Green Food Feast (send 24 small green edible items)
- 4/7 – 4/11 – Spring Break
- 4/14 – School Resumes
- 5/2 – Kindergarten Field Trip