Parents Forever™ Parenting Class
Northwest Family Psychology
NW Family Psychology is now offering a research based divorce education class to meet the requirements for a 4-hr court referred parenting class.
Parents who complete Parents Forever™ will be provided skills and tools to help them reduce the effects of divorce on their children and themselves.
- Understand the effects of divorce/separation on children.
- See the ways in which children are exposed to parental conflict, and learn methods to eliminate conflict in front of their child(ren).
- Discover how children get “caught in the middle” of parental conflict, and ways in which to keep them out.
- Acquire methods to help children have healthy access to both parents
- Learn ways to put the best interest of the child(ren) first.
- Have an understanding of how to make adjustments in finances to account for the financial changes that divorce/separation brings, with the objective to minimize the impact on their child(ren).
- Be given a framework for understanding how to work with the legal process rather than against it
- Form a new "pathway" in life after divorce.
Is there support that Parents Forever™ Works?
Course Instructor: Landon Poppleton, PhD
The Heathman Lodge
7801 NE Greenwood Dr, Vancouver, WA 98662
Chief Comcomly Conference Room
Second Tuesday of every month, 5pm to ~9:10pm
Check-in starts at 4:30pm
Please Note: You are welcome to bring a food or drink to consume during the class. Childcare is not provided, so arrangements outside of the class will need to be made for childcare.
Classes are held once a month on the second Tuesday of every month. Check-in is at 4:30pm; the class will begin promptly at 5pm and end at ~9:10pm. This course meets the requirements for a 4-hr court referred parenting class through divorce class. The class involves one four hour session with a 10 minute break in the middle. The cost is $75/person. Pre-registration is required.
To register for a Parents Forever Class, choose one of the options below:
1) To register for the course by mail, download a PDF registration form here and mail your form to: 208 E 25th St., Vancouver, WA 98663. Checks or money orders should be made out to NW Family Psychology. You will receive an email confirmation when we receive your payment.
2) To register online, visit our webpage, select your course date, and then click "Buy Now.
Once your payment is complete, you will be redirected to an online registration form. (Note: PayPal encourages people to register and establish an account. When you click on the PayPal link during registration the page will prompt you for a PayPal user ID and password. Please note it is NOT necessary to have an account with PayPal to register for a class. Below the question "Don't have a PayPal account?" you will see the word "CONTINUE.” Click on this and you will be able to finish paying for your registration through PayPal by credit card without setting up an account.)
3) Call our office at (360) 910 1522 to register by phone. Please download a PDF registration form here and be prepared to provide this information when calling in.
Classes will be held in the Chief Comcomly Conference Room at The Heathman Lodge, 7801 NE Greenwood Dr., Vancouver, WA.