CKE October Newsletter
Want to make sure you stay up to date on inclement weather, bus changes, and what's happening at Knapp? Click the button below to sign up to receive text messages from the school!
Happy October! Here are some important reminders:
- Classroom Communication: Families make sure to sign up for your child's communication tool. This could be Seesaw, Living Tree, or Remind. Teachers use these communication tools to engage you in your child's education. Contact your child's teacher if you need directions on how to sign up.
- Make sure to check backpacks! Lots of important information is coming home in newsletters and forms! Make sure to return any forms to your child's teacher!
- Car rider drop-off is in the back of the building. Do not drop off students in the front or side of the building. Front of building entrance is for walkers only.
- You must have a car-rider tag to pick up from the line. Otherwise you will have to go to the office to pick up your child. Please let your child's teacher or the office know if you need a car tag.
- The school parking lot is a CELL PHONE FREE ZONE! It is against the law to use your cell phone while in a school zone. There is a $250 fine for the first offense.
- No School - Friday, October 15 and Monday, October 18th. This would be a perfect time to wash backpacks and coats!
- Fall parties will be on Friday, October 29th. Teachers will be sending more information home for party requests soon!
- Picture day is Friday, November 5th. More information will be coming home soon about how to order pictures.
CKE Breakfast & Lunch
Goodbye and Happy Retirement Mrs. Covington!
Welcome Mrs. Hayter!
Mrs. Mendi Hayter has been named our new principal at Linda Childers-Knapp Elementary. Mrs. Hayter has served as assistant principal at J.O. Kelly Middle School for the past eight years.
“Dr. Cleveland has given me a great opportunity to lead at Childers-Knapp Elementary and I am grateful to him for believing in me. I am honored to become a Knapp Navigator!” said Mrs. Hayter.
Mrs. Hayter has worked in Springdale Public Schools since 2006 and is proud to be a part of the Springdale family!
Mrs. Hayter grew up in Southern California and taught there for seven years before moving to Springdale in 2006. She was a classroom teacher for one year at Parson Hills and then moved to Monitor Elementary as an instructional facilitator in 2007 when the building opened.
From 2010 to 2013 she worked at the District ESL office as an ESL Specialist.
Superintendent Dr. Jared Cleveland said, “Mrs. Hayter is an outstanding, experienced administrative leader in our school district. She has served as assistant principal to Ms. Ford, Dr. Williams, and now Mr. Buchanan at JO Kelly MS. With her teaching experience in elementary and administrative experience in middle level, Mrs. Hayter is prepared to take Knapp Elementary forward to academic excellence. Mrs. Hayter is excited about the new opportunity to return to elementary school and begin her new role as Principal."
Welcome to Knapp Elementary, Mrs. Hayter!