January 15, 2016
- Grunge for the Plunge- Donate $10 to Special Olympics and wear jeans for the week! January 25-29- the front desk will take your donation!
- Licensing- Joanie sent an email regarding name & address changes that need to be made to background screening information. If your name was on this list, it is imperative for you to take care of the change. If it is an address change, see Joanie and she can make the call to DHSS. If it is a name change you will need to call ASAP- 866-422-6872. If you have any questions, please see Joanie or myself.
- BLOCKfest- Please send any empty boxes and cans w/lids for the homemade toy station. (cereal boxes, shoe boxes, granola boxes, etc) Kelly Myers will be collecting these! Thanks Kelly!
- Dental Screenings- These will be held next week on January 20 & 21 from 9-11 & 1-3. See Sarah's schedule for your classroom time. Please be diligent about referring to the list of students who have permission to have fluoride. Any questions..see Sarah.
- AESOP- When putting in for a substitute, please leave informational notes so that the substitute is aware of the age of the children, hours, or any special circumstances they may encounter during their time with us. We've had a few substitutes request this information due to the multiple programs at Grace.
- NEW BUS PROCEDURE- Buses departing from Grace will not leave once they a Grace staff member gives them the "ALL CLEAR". This means that all students have loaded or unloaded the bus and all areas are clear of students.
- Active Shooter Training- If you are interested in attending the Advanced Active Shooter Training, you will need to sign up by January 21, 2016. We already have a nice amount of Grace staff attending. To sign up, access the below link:
- Kindergarten Transition Observations- Jen Landes and Kelly White are currently observing various students who are K eligible. Please welcome them into your rooms as they work to gain knowledge about your students.
- January Staff Luncheon- Rooms 4,5,6 & Kelly Myers will be hosting the January Luncheon. Don't forget to sign up in the lounge & mark your calendars!
- Preschool Screening Dates- Tracy is in progress of planning of Mid- Year Screening dates. The following dates have been tentatively set:
Feb 29, March 1, March 3, March 4
Stay tuned for more details....
- Yearbooks- Don't forget to add photos to your classroom page. These will be due February 15. Please see Jan with any questions.
- Teacher of the Year & Support Staff of the Year- Applications are now open and can be found online. Melissa McConnnell and Kathy Muder have sent out reminders that include the forms. They can also be found on the district website. Please share this in your communication with parents. Kathy has also placed paper nomination forms up front. Turn all forms into Kathy Muder.
- Belton Educational Foundation Grant- We already ready have TWO grants in the works and are hoping to submit a few more! If you are considering applying for a grant for an innovative classroom or building project, now is the time. As always, I encourage our staff to GO for this as it has provided Grace with some pretty amazing opportunities in the past. Ivy Nelson has offered to help with innovative technology ideas, if you're interested. Below is a link for the application.
Deadline- February 9, 2016 4:00 pm
Grants awarded on March 15, 2016.
- Belton Canvas iBSDpd- Is now OPEN! Please take a moment to login in and make sure you are able to get started. If you have any issues please reach out to Ivy Nelson ASAP.
~ Modules Open- October 16, 7am
~ Completion Deadline- April 15, 11:59pm
Super Plunger- Thank you to the entire Grace staff for helping to support our Super Plunger -PAULA GLASER! She will take the PLUNGE on January 30th. It would be great to have our Grace family come out to see her on her BIG DAY!
January 18- No School, MLK Day
January 22- Tornado Drill, 9:00
February 4- Parent Advisory, 4:30
Block Fest, 4:30-6:30
February 5- Professional Development Day
January 24- Laura Linn