Weekly News & Notes - March 4th - 8th
Upcoming Events . . .
February 28th - March 4th:
- Sixth-grade Assessment
- Mrs. Williamson - Feb. 28th - March 4th
February 25th - April 15th:
- Young Rembrandts' Drawing Classes
- Home and School Family Fun Night - The Rink At Warwick - 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
March 4th - 8th:
- National School Breakfast Week
- Science Fun Day Materials Collection
- 6th grade Parent Orientation at Tamanend MS @ 7:00 PM
- Home and School General Meeting - Titus Library @ 7:00 PM
- Reading Olympics Meeting - Titus Library @ 7:45 AM
- Spirit Day/Pajama Day - Sponsored by the 5th grade
- "Daylight Savings" time begins
March 12th & 13th:
- PSSA Testing - 5th grade writing
- Science Fun Day
- Reading Olympics - Mill Creek Elementary School
Look at Us Now . . .
The class of 2013 is currently putting their final touches on the “6th Grade Assessment.” The sixth-grade assessment is a culminating assessment designed to demonstrate all the skills students have mastered during their time at Titus. The actual assessment process occurs over the course of three days. On day one the children research, draft and publish a paper focused on one of several research questions they created. The second day is designed for finishing touches to the paper and time to create, organize and finalize a multi-media presentation presenting the content of their written piece. Finally, they present to a board of teachers on the third day.
It is truly a time to celebrate all that they have accomplished during their time in elementary school. I am very proud of their energies, efforts and genuine desire to be successful!
Science Fun Day . . .
Below you will find a list of materials that we need in large quantities for Science Fun Day this year. Please send any donation you can make in with your child and labeled “Science Fun Day.” All donations can be brought to Miss Anderson's room (4th grade Rm 304). If you have any questions please contact Miss Anderson.
Thank you for your help in making Science Fun Day a success!
- Potatoes (5lb. bags)
- Aluminum Cans (empty & rinsed)
- Old CDs/DVDs (they won’t be returned!)
- Sports Bottle /Dish Soap Caps (pull up to open, push down to close type)
- Empty Plastic Bottles (16 oz)
- Cornstarch (16 oz boxes)
- Clear Plastic Deli Containers (the type pasta salad is served in)
- Plastic Dinner Plates
- Baby Wipes
- Plastic Table Cloths
- Hand Sanitizer
- Disposable Pie Plates
News from the Kitchen . . .
To help promote National Nutrition Month, ARAMARK Education is sponsoring a poster contest for students of the Central Bucks School District. Students are asked to choose one of the nutritional themes listed below and create their own artwork. The top elementary, middle, and high school artwork will be chosen by a panel of judges. Each winner will receive a $100 gift certificate. Additional information can be found through the hyperlink above.
- Get Your Plate In Shape
- Eat Right With Color
- Power Up With Breakfast
- Snack Smart
Home & School Association
Attn 6th Grade Parents . . .
This year we would like to add something new to the yearbook to celebrate the graduating 6th grade class. We thought it would be nice to look back at the friendships and memories the Class of 2013 has made at Titus, by adding a couple “Memory” pages to the yearbook. In order to do this we need your help! If each of you could look through old pictures from your 6th grader’s years at Titus and send in, or email a couple pictures, we should be able to put together a great couple of pages.
A Special Thanks . . .
The Titus Home & School Association would like to send a BIG THANK YOU to all the families that volunteered and participated in last Friday's Family BINGO Night. We would like to especially thank Mrs. Boone-Harvey & Mrs. Camacho for all of their efforts in making BINGO Night a huge success. Thanks go out to the C.B. South National Honor Society, and to Titus' own Patrick & Chase for calling the numbers, the McKales for manning the snack table and to all those who added to the evening with their kind donations - Pizzeria Uno, Clayton's Sporting Goods, Heidi DiCesare (31 Consultant) & Cornerstone. We could not have offered such a great event without the help of all of you . . .THANK YOU!!!
A photo recap of the evening can be found on the Home & School Association's web site.
CBSD School Board:
School Board Briefs . . .
At the February 26, 2013 School Board Meeting, the Central Bucks School District School Board:
- Heard the Jazz West performance before the school board meeting.
- Heard the Academic Spotlight about the Naviance Report from Michael Curtis, Counselor at CB West, and Taryn Barrett, Counselor at CB South.
- Heard the Superintendent’s Report and Curriculum, Finance, Human Resources, and MBIT Committee Reports.
- Approved School Board Minutes.
- Approved Treasurer’s Report.
- Approved contract with Public Financial Management (PFM) for Financial Advisor Services as the District looks to restructure its debt.
- Tabled School Board Policy 806 – Child Student Abuse so that proposed policy can be posted on-line and discussed at appropriate committee meetings.
- Approved various personnel items, student trips, and staff workshops.
- Received the Semi-Annual Rating of Elementary and Secondary Temporary Professional Employees