March 28, 2016
Events and Announcements
HAPPY GREEK WEEK 2016
- HERE is a link to the 2016 Greek Week Schedule
- Make sure to download the BU Greeks App to stay up to date with all of the fun!
Fraternity Recruitment Rho Chi Applications
- HERE is the link to apply to be a Rho Chi for Fall 2016 Fraternity Recruitment.
- At least 2 members from each chapter are required to apply.
- The applications are due by tomorrow, Tuesday, March 29 at 11:59p.m.
- Any questions? Contact James O'Hara at email@example.com
Greek of the Week
- Nominate members from any chapter that show great leadership skills and create a positive impact in the Greek Community. Greek of the Week recipients will be awarded a certificate and a t-shirt!
- HERE is a link to the nomination form.
Greek Week Blood Drive
- Wednesday, March 30- Friday, April 1 in the Markin Performance Court.
- Wednesday and Thursday: 1pm-6pm ..... Friday: 12pm-5pm
- Pairing with Culver's "Give a Pint, Get a Pint". When you donate a pint of blood, you will receive a voucher for a free pint of Culver's custard!
- HERE is the link to sign-up to donate.
Diversity Leadership Conference
- Saturday, April 2 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in Westlake Hall 116
Learn more about yourself: Reflect on your own personal identities and privileges
Develop and practice skills: Practice skills to help understand and promote inclusion
Improve your knowledge: Discuss new trends, terminology, and social issues
Network with peers: Build relationships with others from different backgrounds
Discuss social issues: Participate in dialogue with peers around diversity issues
Relay for Life
- Saturday, April 2 from 2:00 to 8:00 p.m. in Founder's Circle
- Sign-up to create a team! If you raise $100 towards the American Cancer Society, you will receive a free t-shirt.
Sigma Nu Philanthropy Week
- Wednesday, April 6 from 4pm-8pm at Meinen Field: Co-Ed kickball tournament. $20 entry fee. Maximum of 12 players per team.
- Thursday, April 7 at 5pm at the Sigma Nu House: Alexander's has donated 200 burgers, cookies, and chips! We will be serving until food runs out. $5 entry fee.
- Friday, April 8: Our annual Gameball Run from ISU Redbird arena to the Children's Hospital in Peoria.
- Sunday, April 10 at noon at Dozer Park: Philanthropy check presentation at the Bradley Baseball Game vs. Missouri State.
- Questions? Contact Sean Nolan at firstname.lastname@example.org
G-Phi Crescent Week
- Monday, April 4 in the Student Center from 10am-2pm ...... Library from 7pm-10pm: Gamma Phi Beta will be hosting a Bake Sale to support Girls on the Run! We will be selling our baked goods by donation, so every bit helps!
- Tuesday, April 5 from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. on the Olin Quad: "Gamma Phi Beta Grill Off". Gamma Phi Beta will be hosting our annual Grill Off! Tickets can be purchased from a GPhi or at the event. It includes a burger, chips, and a drink. Fraternities will compete to make the best burger. Whichever sells the most will receive money towards their philanthropy!
- Wednesday, April 6 from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. at Buffalo Wild Wings in East Peoria: "GPhi Buffalo Wild Wings Take Over". Gamma Phi Beta is sponsoring a Buffalo Wild Wings Take Over. Go to the East Peoria BWW and present the flyer for dine in or take out! 15% of the sales will be donated to our philanthropy! The flyer does not have to be in color, and be sure to cut out each individual ticket (there are three per page). Help support our philanthropy and go get some wings!
- Thursday, April 7 from 7:00 to 11:00 p.m. at the Gamma Phi Beta House: "Grilled Cheese with the GPhiB's". We are hosting our annual grilled cheese event at our house! One grilled cheese is $1 and one grilled cheese + tomato soup is $4.
- All proceeds from these events will benefit Girls on the Run.
3-on-3 Basketball Tournament
- Friday, April 8 from 4:30 to 8:00 pm in the Markin Recreation Center
- Show us what you got at our 3v3 basketball tournament that wraps up our joint philanthropy week! The entry fee will be $15/team. First place winner will receive a $75 gift card of their choice. Second place will receive $15. Look out for sign-up information very soon!
- All proceeds will benefit the Children's Hospital of Illinois and the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
PIKE Represents: St. Baldrick's
- On Friday, April 8 from 11:30am-4:00pm on the Olin Quad, to watch volunteers shave their heads for Childhood Cancer Awareness.
- Mayor of Peoria, Jim Ardis, will give brief remarks before the event. We will also be selling burgers, dogs, chips and drinks during the event. All proceeds as well as donations will benefit the St. Baldrick's foundation.
- You can sign up or donate ahead of time at our website: https://www.stbaldricks.org/events/bradleyuniversity2016.
- Thank you for your support and we hope to see you there!
Peoria, IL NEDA Walk
- Saturday, April 9 from 8:30am-11am in the Markin Center
- The Bradley Body Project team expands understanding and promotes acceptance of every BODY. One of our many areas is raising awareness in regards to eating disorders which affects approximately 30 million Americans. This spring, we are working with the National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) to bring the first-ever Peoria, IL NEDA 1-mile walk to the community!
- The NEDA works to raise awareness as well as funds so individuals and families affected are able to receive treatment and support. A major part of their fight against eating disorders is through their NEDA walk program. Since 2009, NEDA has raised $3 million and attracted over 100,000 people across the nation to participate. This activism assists critical programs and services that aim to improve prevention, treatment, and research.
- Check In: 8:30am, Opening Ceremony: 9am, Walk Ending: 11am.
- Our fundraising goal is $7,500. Questions? Contact Ashley Rodgers at email@example.com. Join our event on Facebook and spread the word!
- HERE is the link to register or donate to this amazing cause!
UIFI Informational Meeting
- Monday, April 11 from 7pm-8pm in the Student Center Executive Suite
- The Undergraduate Interfraternity Institute® (UIFI®) is a five day institute that brings together fraternity men and sorority women from across North America to create opportunities to explore, define, and enhance their leadership skills, personal awareness, commitment to their fraternity or sorority, and grow to expect values based action from themselves and those they lead. At UIFI®, you will be given the skills to improve your own leadership abilities and positively affect your chapter, council, and community.
- To learn more: http://www.nicindy.org/undergraduate-interfraternity-institute.html
- Greater Peoria Area Fellowship of Christian Athletes presents Christian hip hop artist, songwriter, and record producer LeCrae at Bradley's Renaissance Coliseum on Sunday, April 17 at 7pm. Grammy winner LeCrae has 7 best-selling albums, including his most recent, Anomaly, which debuted at #1 with Billboard 200 this September. His story has been highlighted in Rolling Stone Magazine. He's performed on The Tonight Show, hosted the Dove Awards, and regularly mentors a number of professional athletes. MTV characterized him as the "evolution of hip hop", while his message remains true to his beliefs of inspiration and faith.
- General admission tickets are $35 and can be purchased online at www.PeoriaFCA.org/lecrae-concert or at the Renaissance Coliseum.
- Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (309) 642-1105.
- For the flier, click HERE.
- Wednesday, April 20 from 7pm-8pm in Marty Theatre.
- Cassetta will be speaking about women's empowerment, self-confidence, and personal safety.
- For more information, visit her website.
Sigma Kappa Taco Dinner
- Thursday, April 21, 2016 from 4:00 to 8:00 pm at the Sigma Kappa house
- This event is $5 for endless tacos! The proceeds from this event will be going to the Sigma Kappa Foundation to then be disbursed among our four philanthropies: Maine Sea Coast Mission, Inherit the Earth, Gerontology, and Alzheimers.
- It will be a fun event with music, tacos, and prizes!
Student Organization Recognition Awards 2016
- As some of you know, at the end of the semester we recognize and honor various student groups, leaders, and advisors based on their performance and representation during the 2015-2016 school year. The awards honor different aspects and qualities that an organization and/or club sport should embody. Along with being recognized for your accomplishments, winners will also receive professional development stipends ranging from $100-$1000.
- Be sure to fill out an Awards Scholarship Application to nominate an organization, advisor, or individual within an organization for their above and beyond participation this year. Winners will be announced at the Student Leader and Organization Recognition Reception on Monday, May 2, 2016. Please turn in completed applications to the Student Activities Office (Student Center 28) or e-mail to email@example.com by Monday, April 11 at 5pm.
Leadership Studies Minor
The Bradley University Leadership Studies minor is designed to provide students the information, experience and opportunities necessary for them to gain an in-depth knowledge of the theory and practice of leadership. The Leadership Studies Minor (LSM) offers quality, practical, and challenging coursework for students wishing to enhance their leadership potential and development. This 18 credit program consists of 9 credits of core classes, (EHC 200 Introduction to Leadership Studies – 3 credits, EHC 300 Advanced Leadership – 3 credits, and EHC 486 Leadership Practicum), six credits in elective courses, and three credits in various topics in leadership (social justice, women in leadership, coaching & mentoring, pop culture, and many others).
A minor in Leadership Studies at Bradley University is an excellent addition to any student’s major. The addition of a minor allows students to learn how various leaders respond to the challenges and complexities of managing projects and individuals.
For questions, or to learn more, contact Jessica Chandler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Scholarship EXPO Presentation Practice
Office of Sponsored Programs and the Center for Teaching Excellence and Learning
- Wednesday, April 13 from 5pm-7pm in the Renaissance Coliseum, pre-registration not necessary.
- This year for the Student Scholarship EXPO we will be offering a practice presentation session the night before the actual event. Volunteers will come and listen to a five to seven minute presentation so that the student presenters can practice presenting to a team before they must present to the judge teams. Pizza and refreshments will be provided for all who volunteer.
- Questions? Contact email@example.com
IFC, PanHell, and NPHC Council Survey
- HERE is the link to the survey to be completed. Let us know how we are doing as your Greek Life councils. If you have any questions, please contact Nancy Schwartz.
- The IFC and PHC chapters will an 80% or more response rate will receive a prize.
EGLR Post-Evaluation Survey
- HERE is the link to the EGLR post-evaluation survey. If you attended, we want to hear what you liked and what we could improve on.
- Questions? Contact Kelsey Coates or Rob Harris.
- Between 2:00 and 4:00 p.m., stop by Markin Recreation Center on Study Day for this great event!
- Massage therapists will be giving 5 minute chair massages to all persons attending. Healthy snacks and positive mental health tips about the stresses of finals will be provided.
- No registration is needed for this event.
The HUMANe 5k Race seeking Volunteers
- Sunday, May 1 at Bradley Park
- Volunteers will help with traffic flow, pass out water during the race, pass out water and snacks at the post race event, and other random duties.
- Contact Brittany Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org or (309)682-9015
- Want to find out more about the race? Visit www.peoriahs.org
Questions? Start with your council officers!
- Have a question about recruitment, Greek Week, or anything else?
- Reach out to your council officers - they are masterminds behind all of these awesome events.
- Simply look up the officer you need to get in contact with on the Greek Contact List and they will be sure to help you out, or get you in contact with Nancy Schwartz, Assistant Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life if needed.
Events and announcements can be submitted by email (email@example.com).
If you have a promotional video or high resolution photo from a previous event that you would like to request be included in the upcoming issue, email the link or attachment(including the title and date of your submission) directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any more issues or questions? Contact Dave Jensen at email@example.com