Weekly Update HSoC
April 3 - 7, 2023
Quote for the Week
- “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen- Michael Jordan”
Below are the testing dates for the various subject areas to be tested. as a reminder if you haven't passed the corresponding exam it is a requirement f you to take that exam. All Students should show up no later than 8:15 on the date of the test.
STAAR Test Dates (State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness)
Reminders for Testing Days
- Students should get a good night’s sleep and have a healthy breakfast prior to testing.
- Please arrive on time to school – testing begins promptly.
- Schools are closed to visitors on days when testing is being administered.
Testing begins at 8:15 a.m. each day.
English I - 4/18/ 2023
English II - 4/20/2023
Algebra I - 5/ 4/2023
Biology - 4/25/2023
History - 4/27/2023
Please get in touch with Ms. Scott @ email@example.com for any additional questions.
This year the 2023 prom will be hosted at AT&T Stadium/Cowboy Stadium on Saturday, April 29th, 7:30-11:30 pm.
The Prom Theme will be “Masquerade”
Prom ticket sales have started- REVTRAK or pay cash to Mrs. Audley
Tickets will be $50 through Jan. 31.
Price increase for tickets in February - $60.
Price increase for tickets in March - $75.
April tickets will increase to $90 through April 20th.
POC: Point of Contact is Katherenia Louque firstname.lastname@example.org
WHS Prom Sponsor
972-923-4600 ext: 22101
New Students to HSoC
HSoC is and has been successful because of YOU, the students who have come here and been successful completing, in many cases, a student's last chance at success! It's time to replenish our numbers. If you know a student similar to you that may need an opportunity like you did at HSoC have them apply at HSoC.
Remember the minimum requirements for acceptance into HSoC:
- Need to have a minimum of three (3) E.O.C. (End of Course Exams) passed or waived
- Must be enrolled into WISD prior to acceptance. No Out- of- District students.
- Attendance is a major factor.
- Transportation is not provided.
- Discipline Offensives are a major factor considered in the acceptance
Students wanting to apply for the 2023-2024 school year we are accepting applications now! apply at : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSenBauFh0Kvpn3tNIYy96dueFKtO_9SEY3I8pEWGdzVsjnUOg/viewform
High School of Choice (HSoC)
We are an alternative high school designed to help at-risk students achieve their goals of high school graduation and beyond. HSoC supports students through rigorous, innovative, and engaging learning experiences. Every student will be empowered to fiercely navigate their world with resilience, purpose, courage, humility, and pride.
Academic Performance and Effort
It is an expectation that all High School of Choice (HSoC) students put forth the effort to reach their maximum potential. Academic excellence is achieved by challenging yourself to improve on every assignment or task you encounter.
WISD Vision: Our vision is to be a district where innovation thrives and growth is limitless