"Connecting Community, Unity and Academics"
October 14, 2016
Volume 1 Issue #9
**Book Fair Week**
Mrs. Allen Day- Respect Lesson #3
Jenkins to Region 5 Law Conference
1st Grade Field Trip to the Lutcher @ 10:45am
Department Mtgs. @ 3:45pm
Book Fair Family Night 4:00-7:30 pm
AM Pre-K to the Pumpkin Patch - 8:15-10:45am
PM Pre-K to the Pumpkin Patch - 12:30-2:45
Friday Bobcat Readers - 2:05 pm
OF vs. Hamshire-Fannett (h) @ 7:30pm
**Red Ribbon Week**
"Sock it to Drugs/Hats Off to a Drug Free Life"-wear silly socks and/or hats
OISD Board Mtg. @ 5:30pm
Progress Reports go Home
Fall Food Drive Begins
"Join the Fight Against Drugs"- wear camo
3rd Grade program @ 9 am & @ 6 pm
Mrs. Allen Day - Respect Lesson #4
"Get Hooked on Books Not Drugs"- come dressed as your favorite book character
Campus Faculty Mtg. @ 3:45pm
"Be a Hero, Don't Do Drugs"- come dressed as a superhero, or wear your favorite superhero clothes
"Team Up for a Drug Free Lifestyle"- wear your favorite team jersey, uniform, or your Bobcat Orange & White!
OF vs. HJ (a) @ 7:30pm
Just For Fun
- Just another friendly reminder about being on duty at 7:15am. If you are going to be out, please switch duty days with someone, or let your sub know, through AESOP, that they will need to cover your duty. Please note, there may be times that your campus administrators are not at a duty station due to campus issues that may arise.
- Student Absences- Parents should be contacted regarding a student absence on the student's 2nd consecutive absence. Ex- If a student misses Monday and then misses again on Tuesday, their parent should be contacted on Tuesday at some point. This communication needs to be logged into the OES Parent Contact Form on Google Drive.
- GLCs- please use the Google Form attached below, to let Mrs. Sue know about any upcoming special events or activities for your grade level. She will take this information and place it on the OES Events calendar. All events or activities will need to be logged no later than the Thursday prior.
- OES has 2 trophies towards a silly day! Please remind students about earning silly days and how to earn them.
- All grades should be entered into GradeBook by Monday afternoons. Lesson Plans are also due by Monday.
- The United Way campaign is in full swing! Just a reminder, if you donate $20, you may wear blue jeans during the month of December. All United Way donations should be turned into Mrs. Sue in the front office. This year, we'd like to give our students a chance to participate in the campaign. Students will be able to purchase a United Way logo for $1 or $5, autograph it, and place it along the perimeter of the campus. Our goal is to have the students line the perimeter of the entire campus with logos. If they meet the challenge, the entire student body will get a special surprise from Mrs. Jenkins & Mrs. Fuller!
GLCs, please use this Google Form to input all grade level special events and activities.