Allyssa Crawford, Kassandra Spady
"Cells", "Cell Structure"
- Chromosomes- Usually in the form of chromatin it contains genetic information. It is composed of DNA. Also it is thicken for cellular division.
- Nuclear Membrane- This surrounds the Nucleus, composed of two layers, has Numerous openings.
- Nucleolus- This is a spherical shape. when the cell is not divided it is visible. Contains RNA.
- Chloroplast- usually found in plant cells. contains green chlorophyll where photosynthesis takes place.
- ER-Goes through cytoplasm onto the cell membrane.
- Golgi body- a membrane found near the nucleus.
- mitochondria- energy of the cell
- lysosomes- digestive plants for proteins.
- ribosomes- each cell contains thousands. composes 25% of cell's mass.
- cell wall-commonly found in plant cells, extremely elastic.
- vacuoles-contain water solution. Membrane-bound sacs for storage, digestion, and waste removal.
Transport proteins that go through the membrane to allow things to go in and out.
Active Transport-The movement of a chemical substance through a gradient of concentration or electrical potential in the direction opposite to normal diffusion, requiring the expenditure of energy.
Passive Transport- The movement of a chemical substance across a cell membrane without expenditure of energy by the cell, as in diffusion.