The Colt Classified
January 21, 2020
Catholic Schools Week Mass is Sunday!
Catholic Schools Week, January 26th- February 1st
- Friday, January 24th, 2:00 p.m. Pastor/Principal Basketball Game (All parents are welcome to attend.)
- Sunday, January 26th, 11:00 a.m. Mass with the Parish (Students are asked to wear their Mass uniform.)
- Monday, January 27th, "Celebrating Community" Needy items drive for Braes Interfaith (see section below)
- Tuesday, January 28th, "Celebrating Education": College shirt day; Students may wear their favorite college shirt with blue jeans or uniform bottoms; Middle school scholars read to church partners: 4th and 5th graders read to younger students
- Wednesday, January 29th, "Celebrating Students" 1:30 p.m. Opera to Go performance for all students in Prefontaine Hall
- Thursday, January 30th, "Celebrating Vocations" 2:00 p.m. Pray the rosary for vocations in the church (Parents are welcome to join us.)
- Friday, January 31st, "Celebrating Faculty, Staff and Volunteers" A blessing will be given for faculty, staff and volunteers during Mass; Sundaes with the priests during lunch
Needy Items to Support Braes Interfaith Ministries
- Pre K 3: toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Pre K 4: toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Kindergarten: peanut butter and jelly
- First Grade: peanut butter and jelly
- Second Grade: diapers and baby wipes
- Third Grade: diapers and baby wipes
- Fourth Grade: body wash
- Fifth Grade: deodorant
- Sixth Grade: body wash
- Seventh Grade: canned goods
- Eighth Grade: canned goods
Staying Healthy? It's Flu Season!
The Flu season is upon us as we have received a few confirmed Flu cases at school. To prevent widespread flu in the school, we recommend that your child stay home from school if experiencing flu or cold symptoms. To decide whether or not to send your child to school, please consider the following guidelines:
Consider keeping your child at home for an extra day of rest and observation if he or she has any of the following symptoms:
· Very stuffy or runny nose and/or cough
· Mild sore throat (no fever, no known exposure to strep)
· Mild stomach ache
Definitely keep your child at home for treatment and observation if he or she has any of these symptoms:
· Fever (over 100 degrees
· Vomiting (even once)
· General malaise or feelings of fatigue, discomfort, weakness or muscle aches
· Frequent congested (wet) or croupy cough
· Lots of nasal congestion with frequent blowing of nose
To help prevent the flu and other colds, teach your children good hygiene habits:
· Wash hands frequently
· Do not touch eyes, nose or mouth
· Cover mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing, use a paper tissue, throw it away and then wash hands
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Thank you in advance for helping make this year at school as healthy as possible.
B. Jan Greenwell RN, BSN, CCM
Corpus Christi Catholic School, 713-664-3351
Thank you for your partnership!
Coach Cooz Basketball Tournament
The Annual "Coach Cooz" Basketball Tournament will be held here at CCCS next week and your assistance is needed. The tournament is sponsored by the Galveston Houston Catholic Athletic Association and is held at multiple sites.; however, Corpus Christi is the only school that receives two $1,000 scholarships from the proceeds each year.
Please view sign up genius https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508054DACA929AAFC1-coach1 and consider how you can help make this event a success. This is a great opportunity to earn Stewardship hours. We appreciate your assistance in advance!
Virtual Used Uniform Sale
We are halfway through the school year, and our scholars have grown in so many ways! If your scholar's uniform is shrinking, the PSO Used Uniform Sale is right around the corner. The proceeds from the sale go to the PSO to benefit the school. Save lots of money with rock bottom pricing on your uniform needs.
This winter we are going to try a "virtual" used uniform sale. Please email your uniform request to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the family name, your scholar's name and grade, and the uniform items you would like including size and any other particulars. Pricing is the same as during the summer - $10 for long sleeved sweaters and fleece jackets, $3 for ties, belts, headbands, prior season spirit shirts, $5 for everything else, including skorts, skirts, blouses, shirts, polos, jumpers, and gym uniform tops and bottoms.
Please send in your email request, and orders will be filled on a first-in first-filled basis, as supplies allow. Your order will be brought to the school office on January 24th, billed to your FACTS account, and given to your scholar to bring home.
If only part of your order can be filled, we will fill that part (unless you specifically request all or nothing.) Also, it's important that if you are specifying a size such as medium, we will need to know if it is youth medium, or adult medium. For skorts/skirts, we can accommodate size tag on the skirt, and/or waist & length measurements.
Please note that due to the lack of popularity, we will not be reselling pants and shorts.
A huge thanks to Mrs. Maribeth Cremer for overseeing this project!
Roaring into the 20's Auction/Gala- February 8, 2020
The auction gala is one of the school’s largest fundraisers and helps the school make investments in technology, facility improvement, and staff development.
Planning continues and your help is needed!
- The RSVP deadline is January 30th
- Flapper headband and armbands to complement your auction attire are available. Visit the school office or see CCCS website for examples https://www.corpuschristihouston.org/auction-gala
- Class baskets are coming together and are amazing! You will not want to miss out on this silent auction. All remaining class baskets must be in no later than Friday, January 24th.
- Class projects are due Thursday, January 30th. We have great artistic talent in our school!
- We are still accepting gift cards and other auctions items from your favorite vendors.
- There are more underwriting opportunities available. Contact Susan Miller email@example.com for details.
- Thursday, January 23rd – auction planning meeting in the Library at 6pm.
- Friday, February 7th – set up - look for upcoming Signup Genius link
- Sunday, February 9th – clean up – look for upcoming Signup Genius link
Steps for Students
February 15, 2020 is a huge day for the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston! It’s the annual Steps 4 Students Walk/Run at the Co-Cathedral. Join thousands of other Catholic School students, parents, and teachers/staff as we raise funds for Catholic Schools. All of the money raised in support of our Corpus Christi Catholic Team comes right back to us!
Join us on race day! Register through the website www.steps4students.org Make sure you find the Corpus Christi Catholic School Team and join. Please note that the price increases by $10 on January 31!
Can’t join us on February 15? You can support us through prayers and donations. Visit our team fundraising page to make a donation and share with family and friends! No dollar amount is too small!
Catch the Steps Spirit! Wear your green CCCS Steps4Students t-shirt each Tuesday with uniform bottoms until Race Day. Adult Size small and youth sizes available for $15 each in the school office.
New this year! The top 15 fundraisers from among all the Catholic Schools will be invited to a VIP breakfast on the morning of the race and will have race bibs #1-15.
The Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston has volunteer opportunities available to help get ready for the race. Click here for information and to sign-up.
- For God's healing of Mrs. Frances Estrada, mother of Mrs. Ponce
- For God's healing of Mr. Tom Flatley, father of CCCS parent, Jennifer Bauman
- For God's healing of Ryleigh Dishon, sister of Cristina Boone and Madison Dishon
- For God's healing of Martha Baum, grandmother of Neal (7th)
Coach Cooz Basketball Tournament
Thursday, Jan. 23rd, 3:30-7:30pm
Auction Planning Meeting
Thursday, Jan. 23rd, 6pm
Pastor/Principal Basketball Game
Friday, Jan. 24th, 2pm
Catholic Schools Week Mass with the Parish
Sunday, Jan. 26th, 11am
9900 Stella Link Road
Monday, Feb. 3rd, 3:15-4pm
Tuesday, Feb. 4th, 1pm
Tuesday, Feb. 4th, 11am-9pm
4520 Beechnut Street
All Day! Mention you're with Corpus Christi Catholic School and a portion of sales, (Dine-In, Drive-Thru & Carry Out) will go to the school!