Rio Vista Scoop
Three Cheers for the Red White and Blue!
Beautification of Rio Vista
So far they have taken care of altering the ditches to help North Mesa drain properly.
They have also reinforced the two bridge areas located in Rio Vista. They still need to take care of accessing the private property located at the end of South Mesa so that ditch can be cleaned out and regraded. This final step should take care of the drainage and standing water in the ditches on South Mesa.
Triple Berry Trifle
- two 3.4 oz packages instant cheesecake flavored pudding mix*
- 4 cups milk
- Angel food cake (about 12 oz), cut into pieces
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup chopped raspberries
- 12 oz cool whip (or homemade whipped cream)
1. Add pudding mix and milk to a large bowl and make according to package directions.
2. Add about half of the angel food cake pieces to the trifle dish.
3. Top with about 1/2 of the prepared pudding.
4. Top pudding with about 1/2 cup of each kind of berry.
5. Top berries with about half of the cool whip.
6. Repeat steps 2-5.
7. Finish off trifle with additional berries on top.
8. Refrigerate for about 2-3 hours, until ready to serve.
*could be replaced with vanilla flavored pudding if you can’t find the cheesecake flavored pudding
The FSS website is http://www.fsssecurityllc.com/ The website has a lot of useful information as well as a tab to sign up for vacation watch.
Feel free to stop by and introduce yourself to Andrew, he would love to meet you.
Deed Restriction Clarification
We understand that, at times, it may appear that no action is being taken on properties that continue to be a nuisance to the Association. We can agree with you that it is frustrating when a property owner deliberately disregards notices that are being sent to them.
The Deed Restriction Violation process is as follows:
1. Initial Deed Restriction Letter - 30-days to cure violation.
2. If violation continues to exist, Certified 209 Letter - 30-days to cure violation and $150 fine.
3. If violation continues to exist, Certified Final Demand Letter - 30 days to cure violation and a $250 fine.
4. If violation continues to exist, following the expiration of the Final Demand Letter, the Board has the authority to turn the violation over to the Association's law firm for demand compliance which will accrue legal fees and/ or lawsuits filed on the owner and a $350 fine.
Please understand that this process may fluctuate based on the situation with the property owner.
For instance, if a homeowner is in active bankruptcy, the Association may not send a violation letter to
them that may endure any financial hardship. Therefore, although a violation may have been noted on a
particular property for several months, the Association is limited on what action may be taken.
Another instance, if a yard is severely overgrown, the Association may exercise its right to issue a 10-day certified Force Maintenance Notice to the property owner. If the violation is not cured within 10-days, the Association has the authority to conduct the maintenance at the expense of the property owner.