Bruin PBIS Newsletter October 2015
September Discipline Data
There were approximately 323 total referrals for September. The top five discipline concerns are the following:
- Skipping- 63
- Tardies- 45
- Cell Phone Violations-45
- Unauthorized Area- 30
- Disruptive Behavior-25
The most significant concern, as represented by the data this month, is the number of referrals for skipping.
A few tips to keep students engaged and wanting to go/ stay in class:
- Start class with a warm up and bell ringer.
- Use movements to keep kids focused
- Teach students how to collaborate before expecting success
- Provide choice, multiple opportunities to respond, and behavior- specific praise throughout the class period
- Use signaling to allow everyone to answer your questions.
- RELEVANCY MATTERS- Make lessons relevant to students' lives or interests
Meet the PBIS Team and Project Leaders
Interested in Helping Out??
PBIS Hats for Heroes
Everyone can wear hats all day on October 16, 2015 to show support for all of the heroes in your life.
- Breast Cancer Survivors
- First Responders
- Military Veterans
The cost is $1.00 and the PBIS team will be collecting money during all lunches starting on Monday, October 12th. Students must also have 1 PAW to sign up for "Hats for Heroes" on October 16th.
A portion of the proceeds will support cancer research/ Relay for Life.
With Hard Work
Please see email from Ms. Graham entitled "PBIS Info"