Catholic Schools Week 2019!
Holy Rosary Bilingual Academy
What is Catholic Schools Week?
The Benefits of Catholic Schools
The integration of faith with academic subjects, culture, and everyday life
The emphasis of living out the faith as missionary disciples
Catholic virtues and values and Catholic Social Teaching, which contribute to productive citizenship and responsible leadership
An environment that encourages and nurtures prayer and is safe, welcoming, and supportive for children
A favorable student to teacher ratio
High graduation and college attendance rates
Check out more excellent information and articles at: https://www.ncea.org/csw/Home_Page/CSW/Catholic_Schools_Week.aspx?hkey=850a7489-42da-432a-8bcc-420b67eadb43
A Little about the History of Catholic Schools...
Here is an excerpt from an excellent article about the rich roots of Catholic education and the focus on an outreach to all!
"From their very beginning, Catholic schools have focused on teaching poor and ethnic minority groups. Because of this, Catholic schools hold a rich tradition of educating students from all social and economic backgrounds." Holy Rosary Bilingual Academy wholeheartedly supports the notion and mission of educational access for all children, regardless of a family's ability to pay. Read more from this article at the following link:
Would You Like to Honor the Teachers/Staff with a Meal?
Sign-Up Link for the Potluck: http://signup.com/go/aYksQyF
Here are the Theme Days!
- Sunday - Open House Tours from 1 - 3 pm (Volunteers Needed)
- Monday - "Community Day" - We will do special service projects. Theme: Buddies!! Kids dress like their buddies! They dress like someone else (they can even dress the same as 2, 3, or 4 other kiddos). REGISTRATION BEGINS FOR ALL CURRENTLY ENROLLED FAMILIES.
- Tuesday - "Parent Appreciation Day" - Treat our parents special! We will have a special something for you at morning drop-off. Theme: Celebrities/Cartoons! Kids dress like their favorite celebrity or cartoon character!
- Wednesday - "Staff/Teacher Appreciation Day" - A chance to treat the staff special! Check out the potluck link below. Theme: Staff/Student Swap Day! Kids dress like their favorite staff member and staff dresses like the kids!
- Thursday - "Student Appreciation Day" - We get to appreciate the kids! Theme: Color Wars - Kids dress in the color of their class (see below) and they will have a fun assembly.
- Friday - "Grandparent/Special Person Day" - We honor our grandparents and special guests. Please invite them to mass at 9 am. Full uniform is required for this day!
Class Colors for "Color Wars" on Thursday
PK 3- Purple
PK 4- Green
K - Light Blue
1st - Red
2nd - Orange
3rd - Dark Blue
4th - Maroon/Burgundy
5th - Yellow
6th - Grey
7th - Black
8th - Camo