Movember Week 2
This week's talking points
- Free, anonymous mental health screenings are available to the SU community online at http://www.mentalhealthscreening.org/screening/seattleu and all students are eligible for confidential mental health counseling for free at CAPS.
- You have a goal... share your fundraising goal with family and friends this week. Raise $15 by Friday and you're 1/2 way there!
Help meet our challenge to you by individually raising $30 this month. Our SU team goal is $1,300 which is slightly more than last year.
- Fundraise at our weekly table - sign up HERE (WEDNESDAY THIS WEEK)
- Ask 1 person a day personally for a small donation (you can take cash and checks)
- Set small challenges on social media (I want to raise $15 by Friday, or I want to round my donations to $30 by Sunday, help me get there) You'll be amazed at what a simple (incremental) social media ask brings in!
- Get creative - whoever donates most by Sunday gets shaving/trimming rights over my moustache.
This week's status updates
I'm doing #Movember this year and I'm trying to raise $30 by the end of the month for men's health. Please consider donating at [insert link to your mo space page]. To learn more about Movember: http://youtu.be/QQRIaFqUPeQ.
Today's #Movember health tip: SLEEP WELL! Grab a mug of decaf tea, and breathe deeply as you drink your tea, getting ready for bed. If you need a little help: consider this guided meditation for sleep podcast. To learn more or make a donation visit [insert link to your mo space page]
Men in particular face a unique set of challenges when it comes to them managing their mental well-being, with the associated stigma (of shame and embarrassment) often preventing them from seeking help and taking action. Learn more and donate to #Movember at [insert link to your mo space page].
1 in 2 men will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. I'm doing #Movember this year to raise awareness and funds - please donate a few dollars to the cause at [insert link to your mo space page]
Today's #Movember health tip: STAY MENTALLY HEALTHY! We all go through feeling down, but when you're depressed you feel sad for weeks or months. Depression is a real illness and it's not a sign of weakness or something you can "snap out of". If you're feeling depressed look into counseling and see if it's right for you. To learn more or make a donation visit [insert link to your mo space page]
Mo Money, Less Cancer
Use my pro-MO code MOVEMBER007 when you sign up for Dollar Shave Club and they’ll donate $10 to the SU Movember page to help fight prostate and testicular cancer. You get great razors for a few bucks a month, we beat cancer. Everyone wins.
- Personalize your donation page by uploading a profile picture and changing your motivation for doing Movember with a statement about why the cause is important to you.
- Update Facebook timeline cover: Go to your mo space page > Downloads
- Print personalized business cards: Go to your mo space page > Downloads
- Learn the rules of proper moustaching: Go to your mo space page > Downloads
Prizes and Rewards
Seattle U prizes
We're currently collecting donations from local businesses to reward your commitment to the cause.
- Capelli's donated again this year! A Signature Shave ($60 value) to SU member who raises the most this month.
- Bang has donated 8 haircuts ($40+ value ea.) to the SU team!
- Dollar Shave Club will donate $10 to the SU team for everyone person who uses our pro-MO code "MOVEMBER007" as they sign up to join Dollar Shave Club.