Matunuck Morning Memo
Manta Rays' News Waves 1/4/15
As we welcome 2016, may we continue to grow as educators and as learners. I will continue to reflect and encourage growth throughout this new year and know that each of you will do the same. Happy new year!
NUTS & BOLTS
- During the holiday break EVERYTHING in your First Class email has been moved to your school gmail account. The district's email of record is now Gmail.
- Please don't forget that CARES is offering Homework Club. If you are interested in referring a student, please reach out to them.
- Please bring a children's book of your choice to the faculty meeting this Thursday. The only criteria when choosing the book is it must have a message that you hope students leave your classroom with. (This could be a theme/topic of: sharing, mindfulness, work ethic, kindness...).
Please note the screening window for STAR is open 1/4-1/22. Attached to this email a list of important information for administering screening. A sign up sheet it located in the main office.
- Please review lockdown drills with your students
- STAR Window (1/4 - 1/22)
- I will be at the Administration Building for the morning
- K Writing Workshop PD (MES 9:00-11:15)
- Grade 1 Writing Workshop PD (MES 9:00-11:15)
- Faculty Meeting (3:30-4:30)
- Warm Up
- Odds & Ends
- Safety Committee Meeting (8:00)
UPCOMING DATES TO REMEMBER:
1/11: Salad Bar this week
3rd & 4th Writing Workshop PD (PDES)
1/12: PBIS/OBPP Meeting (3:30 library)
1st Grade GEMS Net PD (University of Rhode Island, 45 Upper College Road)
1/13: TA Meeting (10:00-11:00)
MTSS Meeting (3:30)
1/15: Teachers College Grades 3 & 4 (PDES)
Healthy Kids/Schools Meeting (8:00)