The Mount Laurel Leaflet
April 1, 2021
Have a Safe and Healty Spring Recess!
Over the last two weeks, Mount Laurel Schools were the highlight of the local news media!
- FOX29 Good Day Philadelphia reached out for our views on the Center for Disease Control and Prevention's updated guidance on social distancing!
- Mount Laurel Sun News also toured Hillside Elementary School to spotlight the return of all our Kindergarten, First, and Second Graders and other efforts taken by our school principals, teachers, and staff!
- 6 abc Action News toured Hillside Elementary School to learn how schools are operating in the midst of the pandemic!
Cohort Change Request Form Extended One More Day
Our School Pandemic Response Teams are making excellent progress setting in place the operational stage for our recovery plans to be implemented on Monday, April 26.
News Highlights Mount Laurel Schools
FOX29 Good Day Philadelphia
6 abc Action News
COVID 19 Update - Risk Level and Travel
Burlington County is at the High-Risk Level. Rates across NJ are rising according to the New Jersey Department of Health.
Quarantining for Travel
Please be aware of The NJ Travel Restrictions below. The Mount Laurel Schools require staff and students to quarantine for travel.
- If travel is unavoidable, travelers should consider getting tested with a viral test (not an antibody test) 1-3 days before the trip and again 3-5 days after the trip.
- If travelers test positive, they should self-isolate for at least 10 days and should postpone travel during that time.
- If travelers test negative, they should quarantine for a full 7 days after travel.
- If testing is not available (or if the results are delayed), travelers should quarantine for 10 days after travel.
Full Day Kindergarten September 2021 - Register Now!
Spring Recess & Meal Distribution
Schools will be closed Friday, April 2nd.
There will be NO MEAL DISTRIBUTION DURING SPRING RECESS, MONDAY, APRIL 5TH THROUGH FRIDAY, APRIL 9TH. Meal Distribution will resume the week of Monday, April 12th. Pick-up times and locations remain the same.
Meal choices include Ready-to-Eat or Heat-at-Home options. Families may choose to pick-up meals for the entire week or pick up meals for two or three days, according to your child's schedule. All forms must be filled out for EACH CHILD, EACH WEEK, and submitted no later than 10 p.m. Sunday evening for the following week.
Please continue to have orders ready, wear a mask and pop open your trunk or roll down your rear or passenger-side window for our food service personnel to serve you.
FREE & REDUCED MEAL APPLICATION: Families wishing to apply should still fill out and return
The US Dept. of Agriculture (USDA) in conjunction with the State of New Jersey has elected to allow FREE meals for all students through June 18, 2021.
Dates to Remember
Friday, April 2nd - Schools Closed
Monday, April 5th - Friday, April 9th - Spring Recess, Schools Closed
Monday, April 12th-Friday, April 16th - Full Remote Learning All Grades, K-8
Monday, April 19th - All In-person Learning Resumes
Friday, April 16th - Deadline for Low-Cost Preschool Applications
Monday, April 26 - Five Day In-Person Classes Begin
Tuesday, April 27th - Board of Education Meeting