The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of May 7, 2018
How will you change the world by sharing & supporting your opinion?
PARCC Testing: Week 2
Monday, May 7th, 8:45am to Thursday, May 10th, 2pm
- Classes will be testing in both computer labs, the media center & the small conference room. These rooms will be off limits to staff/students during testing times.
- Please remember to review prep times as they may be altered due to testing.
- Gr1 & Gr2 will be completing F&P Benchmarks during PARCC weeks.
How will you CHANGE the world?
Mrs. Stewart reading aloud Catching the Moon, a social action book that was shared at the Power PDs.
Words to Inspire...
It's all about developing relationships!
Fact Fluency in Gr3
Where's the best place to practice multiplication facts? The Bullock Garden, of course!
How will you CHANGE the world?
News & Notes
Reading Response Journals: Don't forget that we will be continuing with our "reading response journals" for the upcoming year. The office will not be ordering marble notebooks, so please include this in your classroom supply orders.
Front Door/Vestibule: Please remember to make sure that the front door/vestibule doors are closed/locked after AM/PM duty each day. There has been a report they they are being left open.
International Club: The International Club’s FINAL meeting will be next week on Thursday, May 10th.
GAPA Updates: If anyone is available to teach children (grades 3-6) how to play Chess or is available to provide an assortment of enrichment programs - short term - for Glassboro Child Development Centers Camp Horizon summer learning program housed at Bullock School, please contact Lynn Shute. We are hoping to have interested parties donate their services. Thanks!
To the 2nd Grade Team: My coaching block is during your lunch block this week. Anyone want to review Strategies for Writers, co-teach a lesson or just "chat & chew" about this week's edition of the Curriculum Corner? If so, lets get it on the calendar!
Our Rowan PDS Partnership in Action!
Bullock is prepping for our next crop of "teacher candidates." We are so excited to play a role in developing the next generation of educators!
You're the Best...Quotes from the Staff!
- Mrs. Stewart-Thank you for inviting me into your classroom. Your questioning and discussion techniques were awesome!
- PARCC test administrators and proctors – great job this week! Our first week of PARCC went extremely well!
- Melanie and Nicole L. – thank you both so much for all of your support getting ready for PARCC and throughout this week J.
- Nicole W. and Theresa – thanks for your help as substitute proctors!
- Lynn – thank you for taking care of my breakfast crew this week!
- Thank you to EVERYONE for your flexibility and participation during Brie’s visit this week. She said how much she enjoyed everyone & loves coming to her Bullock home.
Lynn and Tag - Thanks for being a life saver!
Second and Third Grade Teachers - Thank you for making sure we had enough head phones for PARCC by letting us borrow yours!
Amanda and Nicole L. - great first thing week of PARCC! Great job ladies, thanks for all of your hard work!
Sonya, Sarah, and Nicole - Thanks for always being there for your kids and others!
Community events/reminders are in bold.
- 05/01: PARCC Testing Begins (5/1-5/11) & K-6 PBS Meeting
- 05/04: Bullock Garden B-day Celebration
- 05/11: CAST Meetings
- 05/30: CAST Meetings & Character ED Assembly
- 05/31: Faculty Meeting & ELA & Math Family Night
- 06/01: Bowe Band Visit & Star Student Luncheon