Friday, February 23, 2018
Thoughts from Mrs. Lewis....
Bi-monthly duty free lunches for teams that have perfect attendance; Beginning the week of Feb 26. The first duty free lunch, by team, will be held on Friday, March 9th.
REMINDER: Grade level teachers need to walk students to Elective classes, not just drop off in the lobby. Elective teachers will walk back students to their grade level classrooms after Electives.
Have you submitted your common assessment data? Use the link that Estella sent out this week.
What is the 1 thing you can do to make the biggest impact on your EOG scores? Are you doing the same thing you did last year and expecting different results?
NEW See this link about the digital learning competencies that ALL certified staff will have to do earn CEU Credit.
Math 1 Meeting at Central Office - March 1 2:20pm
DISTRICT REQUIREMENT: Please remind teachers of the district expectation to enter grades in PowerSchool on a weekly basis. Parents, guardians, and student use the Parent/Student Portal to check grades and should be able to see their up-to-date progress.
Employee Health Fair
Please do everything in our power to be at school each and every day. At this time, we have a lot of staff members sick. All doctor's appts, etc. should be scheduled after school. Thanks!
Teachers be reminded that cumulative folders must be checked out before retrieving from the records room. At all times, folders must be secured and accounted for. Please see Ms. Gibson for the key to access cumulative folders.
We will now celebrate our students each 9 weeks. A tentative Awards Date have been set for the 3rd Nine weeks, March 27. Mark your calendars. Stay tuned for more details.
- A reminder that this is the first year that 8th grade students enrolled in NC Math I will not be required to take the 8th grade Math EOG. Scores for students taking NC Math I in 8th grade will only count for the middle school and will not be banked for the high school. Please ensure that 8th grade Math teachers are preparing separate lessons for 8th grade Math and NC Math I.
- Please keep Tonia Johnson in your prayers. Her father passed away Monday. She will needs lots of hugs and Spartan love.
- Mrs. Macy will be out until the end of the month recovering from knee surgery. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
Help Us Celebrate Black History Month here at Spring Hill by signing up for our Soul Food Pot Luck! Consider all the wonderful cuisines that you eat that remind and keep us grateful for the food we eat in the south. All you have to do is sign up in our Teacher Lounge. Let us all participate, all enjoy, and all eat! If you have any questions, please see Mr. Dunham.
- Student are able to request club changes by emailing Ms. Brayboy.
- 2nd semester club meetings: March 2, March 9, April 13, April 20.
- Make sure to put your attendance roster from our first club meeting in Ms. Brayboy's box so it can be corrected.
- Dates for the Book Fair are Feb. 21-27.
- The Media Center will be closed from February 28-March 2nd. I will be attending a conference in Raleigh. Please do not send students to the Media Center to check out books. If you have any technology needs, please see Audrey and she will fill out a tech repair form for the technician.
- Utilizing your Canvas course container is an effective way to continue instruction during school closing or delays. If they have questions or need guidance, please direct them to either Kevin Combs or Candice Freeman for assistance.
Make sure to notify administration or Mrs. Fehlman when you suspect child abuse or neglect. See the agreement between SCS and DSS here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11pVs4aMBIqUxqPBjfVgXJZtMOg9LaEzHGrc-ICsha-E/edit
From Cabinet- just a reminder that your teachers should be entering their own absences in AESOP. The school bookkeeper or no other staff should be putting in absences for anyone unless there is an emergency that arises.
- Do you have paper on your door or covering your door window? If so, please remove due to fire code violations.
IT is an expectation that planning takes place each week and that all teachers are present and all time. Even if you are 2 weeks ahead, planning should take place each week for the entire time.
Are you calling parents??? Make sure you are calling parents regarding attendance concerns (and document such). When we go to court, it helps when we can show ALL the contacts that have been made from the school (not just from PowerSchool letters and Social Worker contacts) (From Cabinet)]
Tuesday, February 27- Chocolate Fundraiser Pizza and Glow Party 12:00pm; ELA/SS/Science PLCs; Awards Program (3rd Nine Weeks)
Wednesday, February 28- Black History Month Program Assembly (morning assembly schedule)
Friday, March 2 - Teacher Intent Letters are Due