Freeman Mustangs Newsletter #28
March 5, 2021
- Tuesday, March 9th: Picture Day Group B 12:00pm-7:00pm (12:00-2:00pm In Person, 2:30-7:00pm Virtual)
- Wednesday, March 10th: Picture Day Group A 9:00am-2:00pm (9:00-11:00am In Person, 11:00-12:00pm Virtual, 12:00-2:00 In Person)
- Thursday, March 11th: Virtual Supply Pick Up 7:30am-3:30pm
- Week of March 22nd: Read Across America Week (Read Alouds M-Th evenings)
- March 29-April 4- Spring Break. School Resumes Monday, April 5
- Now- April 2nd: Illinois 5Essentials Survey Open
- March 15th-May 25th: ACCESS 2.0 for ELs Assessment Window
- March 15th-May 14th: Illinois Assessment for Readiness (IAR) Assessment Window (3rd-5th Grade)
- March 15th-May 14th: Illinois Science Assessment (ISA) Window (5th Grade)
SD129 Staff Vaccine Update
As you might recall, all West Aurora School District educators and support staff were offered the ModernaⓇ COVID-19 vaccine due to their critical role in getting students back to school. Thanks to the concerted efforts of the Kane County Health Department, the Kane County Regional Office of Education, and the Visiting Nurses Association, approximately 1,400 staff members received their first dose of the vaccine the week of February 8th.
The second round of vaccinations will take place between Tuesday, March 9th, and Monday, March 15th. The process could take as long as one hour per staff member per shot. Additionally, we have heard that there is the potential for a more adverse reaction to the second vaccination.
While SD129 will make every effort to prioritize instructional time, please understand that some classroom disruptions are inevitable. If your child has one or multiple substitute teachers next week, it is most likely due to this process. We appreciate your patience and continued support of School District 129!
Warmer Weather- Playground Usage
Also, for the safety of our students, we do ask that no non-Freeman students or families are on the playground while our students are on during their instructional day. This includes our PreK classes who are outside in the morning and at the end of the day (their dismissal time is after K-5 students) as well as during the recess timeframe. If the playground is free during school hours, you are welcome to play on it.
Please call the office with any questions at 630-301-5002.
Read Across America Spirit Week and Nightly Read-Alouds!
Information on State Assessments
- ACCESS for ELs (for English Language Learner students)
- Illinois Assessment for Readiness (IAR) (3rd-5th grade)
- Illinois Science Assessment (ISA) (5th grade)
- ACCESS for ELs testing will start the week of March 15th and students will participate in a total of four assessments over the course of multiple days in the areas of Listening, Reading, Speaking, and Writing. This is for English Language Learner students only.
- Illinois Science Assessment (ISA): 5th Grade students will participate in a total of 3 test sessions over multiple days starting Friday, March 19th.
- Illinois Assessment for Readiness (IAR): 3rd through 5th grade students will participate in a total of six tests in the areas of Math and English Language Arts. Students will be participating in two tests per day and testing will tentatively begin the week of April 12th.
At this time, the tentative state testing dates are specific to in-person students. We are still working on logistics for virtual learners and will reach out to those families once plans are finalized.
Pictures for Yearbook Option
Dear SD 129 Families,
The State of Illinois will be providing Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) benefits to every student within West Aurora School District 129. This is because of the district’s participation in the National School Lunch Program’s Community Eligibility Provision (CEP).
The P-EBT program provides food assistance to families by way of a money access card that can be used to purchase food at any participating store. The amount allocated to each student is $6.82 for each day that the student was not able to eat in a West Aurora building during the 2020-21 school year. More detailed information about the P-EBT program can be found here.
Details about the food benefits for families can be found here in English and Spanish
Registration for the 2021-2022 School Year is NOW OPEN!
Don't forget, if you have a child returning to West Aurora schools, please take a moment to get them registered for next year! This allows us to better plan for how many sections at each grade level we will have. In order to guarantee your home building, please make sure you register by April 1st.
Contact the office if you have any questions at 630-301-5002.
To Register, use this link:
Virtual Lunch Bunch
The virtual lunch bunch will be available to virtual students and students home on their asynchronous day(s). Please see flyer below for dates and times.
Zoom Meeting Information: https://sd129.zoom.us/j/92932398095
Illinois 5Essentials Survey
Select “Start here”
School: Freeman Elementary School
Thank you for your participation.
Freeman WILL have a YEARBOOK this year!
Yearbooks for this 2020–2021 school year are on sale now!
1) You can order directly online at Lifetouch (school code: 12943521), OR
2) Use the downloadable version of the ordering flyer (see below)
Families who are unable to participate in an in-person Lifetouch portrait sitting (picture make-up days are March 9–10) can use "Snaps at Home" to have a portrait picture created with the gray Lifetouch background to be used in the yearbook as well. Click here to get started, lifetouch.com/picture-day-snaps-at-home.
LAST YEAR'S YEARBOOK:
Last year's yearbook can still be picked up in the office!
If you still want a 2019–2020 yearbook, they are available in the office for $20 ea. as well (supply is limited).
If you were on the reserve list to purchase last year's book, your book is waiting for you at the office with your name on it. Just bring the $20!
Please contact the office at 630-301-5002 to report their absence.
PTA Needs You!
Ready to join our Freeman PTA? Use the following link. It is $6 for individuals and $10 for the family.
Thank you for your support.