By: Darcey Earley & Zack Cavender
Places to Visit
On the edge of the historic district sits a magnificent fountain, constructed in 1858, surrounded by 30 acres of the most peaceful place in Savannah,Georgia. On a Sunday afternoon, take a blanket to sit on the massive grassy lawn or under the trees and watch the world go by. That is, after all, a truly southern thing to do.
-30 reasons to move to Georgia
- The official state fish is the large mouth bass.
- In Gainesville, the Chicken Capital of the World it is illegal to eat chicken with a fork.
- Largest state east of the Mississippi.
- The annual Masters Golf Tournament is played at the Augusta National in Augusta every first week of April.
- Ralph Bunch, United States diplomat, was the first Georgian to win the Nobel Peace Prize.
The first capital ever in Georgia was Savannah in 1777-78. Now Savannah is a beautiful place that tons people visit every year.
| || |
The current capital of Georgia