May 4th-8th: Teacher Appreciation Week!
This Week at Stinson ...
- Maker Monday @ The Learning Commons
- MAP window opens (check your assessment calendar for grade level specifics)
Tuesday, May 5th
- Michele out a.m. / Katie out all day
Wednesday, May 6th: National School Nurse Day
- Michele & Katie out in a.m.
- STUCO meeting @ 3:00 in cafe
- EOY goal setting @ 3:00 in science lab
Thursday, May 7th
- Finance Audit in Judy's office - Do Not Disturb (P & TY)
Friday, May 8th
- Fire Drill @ 8:00
- Book Fair set-up in The Learning Commons
Coming Up ...
- May 11th-15th: Scholastic Book Fair in The Learning Commons
- May 12th: STAAR 5 Reading retest
- May 13th: 3-5 assembly @ 8:00 in gym
- May 14th-15th: Readers' Theatre performances
- May 21st: Field Day!
- May 29th: EOY envelopes due outside Katie's office
Tech Integration Standards for Teachers
Have you heard of the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)? They believe that, “Teachers have always held the key to student success. But their role is changing. The ISTE Standards·T define the new skills and pedagogical insights educators need to teach, work and learn in the digital age.” Here is the quick rundown of what you need to know since you teach in the Digital Age...
- Standard 1: You use technology to Facilitate and inspire student learning & creativity.
- Standard 2: Design and develop digital age learning experiences & assessments.
- Standard 3: You model digital age work & learning.
- Standard 4: You promote and model digital citizenship & responsibility.
- Standard 5: You engage in professional growth & leadership using digital tools & resources.
For examples of each standard and more information, visit the ISTE website: http://www.iste.org/standards/ISTE-standards/standards-for-teachers
Fish Philosophy @ Stinson
- "Lara, Robyn and Carson, way to lead the charge on our first edition of the Stinson Newspaper!" -from Michele
- "Judy is the best trouble-shooter I know! Thanks for being our go-to problem solver for issues, large or small!" -from Whitney
- "My K team was fully present during STAAR week! Thanks for making it fun for the kids despite being short teachers at various times!" -from Whitney
Choose Your Attitude
- "Judy and Renae - you both do an amazing job day in and day out in the office. The school would come to a screeching halt without you two! We love and appreciate you!" -from Michele and Katie
- "Manisha, thank you for caring so much about your students, emotionally and academically. You truly have a heart of gold." -from Michele
- "Kathey, excellent job coordinating the volunteer breakfast. It was wonderful!" -from Michele
- "Sunshine Team, you all did an amazing job on the volunteer breakfast. Thanks for always adding sunshine at Stinson!" -from Michele
- "Tammy, thanks for having students deliver the jars of flowers. It brightened my day and my office." -from Michele
- "Lori S. made my class's whole week by letting us host her class pet last week!" -from Whitney
- "Sunshine Team ... for a fantastic volunteer breakfast. You all rock!" -from Judy
- "Thanks, Kathey G., for all your hard work and awesome hosting skills. The volunteers felt so appreciated. You rock!" from Tammy
- "Gilli, Brent, and Boyd, thanks for all the effort in making sure kids and teachers have field day t-shirts. You all do an amazing job!" -from Michele
- "Hillary, Chance, and Robyn, I know putting on the Readers' Theatre production is a ton of work, but you guys manage to keep it fun for the kids. Thanks for all you hard work!" -from Michele