Linden Leopard Growl
Here at Linden we are ONE! --- February 12, 2020 Edition
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES
- Thursday, February 13th: Valentine's Day
- Friday, February 14th: No School For Students
- Monday, February 17th: Presidents' Day - No School
- Tuesday, February 18th: 6th Grade Parents Middle School Orientation @ 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, February 19th: Girl & Grown Up Book Club @ 6:00 PM
- Friday, February 21st: Linden Gear/Competition Day
- Friday, February 21st: Family Bingo Night 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- Monday, February 24th: Weather Drill @ 2:00 PM
- Saturday, February 29th: 6th Grade Social Club Movies @ The County Theater
- Monday, March 2nd: Read Across America Guest Speaker
- Thursday, March 5th: Pennies for Patients Kick - Off Assembly @ 10:00 AM
- Friday, March 6th: "ONE Diversity is Strength" Shirt Day
- Monday, March 9th: 2nd Grade Spotlight on Music @ 6:00 PM
- Thursday, March 12th: 4th Grade Field Trip to Adventure Aquarium
- Friday, March 13th: Linden Gear/Competition Day
- Friday, March 13th: 2nd Grade NOVA Presentation
- Monday, March 16th - Friday, March 20th: Art Goes to School Visitations
- Monday, March 16th: 5th Grade Human Growth & Development Classes @ 9:30 AM
- Monday, March 16th: Principal's Award Ceremony @ 3:00 PM
- Monday, March 16th: Community Connections with Dr. Kopicki @ 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, March 17th: Early Dismissal @ 12:25 PM
- Tuesday, March 17th: End of 2nd Trimester
- Tuesday, March 17th:5th Grade Human Growth & Development Classes @ 9:30 AM
- Tuesday, March 17th: 6th Grade Social Club Service Project
- Tuesday, March 17th: St. Patrick's Day
- Thursday, March 19th: iRun4Life - 4:00PM - 5:00 PM
- Monday, March 23rd: Girl & Grown Up Book Club @ 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, March 24th: Lock down Drill @ 9:30 AM
- Tuesday, March 24th: Fine Motor Family Fun Night @ 6:00 PM
- Thursday, March 26th: iRun4Life - 4:00PM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday, March 26th: Family Fitness Night @ 6:30 PM
- Friday, March 27th: Pennies for Patients Assembly @ 2:45 PM
- Monday, March 30th: Reading Olympics @ CB East
Please click on the banner for the Central Registration page of the CB website for all registration information.
Dear Central Bucks School District family,
If you will have a new student (kindergarten, first grade) attending Central Bucks in the fall of 2020, NOW is the time to register.
Tell friends and neighbors who will have new Central Bucks students! Enrollment for ALL new students (grades kindergarten through 12) is now ongoing.
Registering students now ensures that buildings plan for appropriate staff and resources for the coming year. Visit here to complete the process online.
Linden Leopard PAW Winners
These Leopards have demonstrated one or more of Linden's core values: Respect, Responsibility, Cooperation and Citizenship. They all earned Linden Leopard Paws and placed them in our new "Paw Bin" located in the front lobby. Each student's Paw was picked this week, and we recognize each of them for their efforts! Congratulations to these kiddos! Pictured are:
Mason Hucaluk, Claire Happel, Colton Parsons, Dean Kristman, Colin Burkholder, Zoey Ferraro,and Henry Johnstone
Winter Clubs Schedule
Monday: 1/27, 2/3, 2/10, 2/24, 3/2: No Class 2/17
- Basketball (Grades 3 - 6)
- Earth Day
Tuesday: 1/28, 2/4, 2/11, 2/18, 2/25, 3/3:
- Dodgeball (Grades K - 2)
- Paint & Pottery (Grades K - 2)
- Sewing (Grades 3 - 6)
Wednesday: 1/29, 2/5, 2/12, 2/19, 2/26, 3/4
- Sewing (Grades 3 - 6)
- Pokeman (Grades K - 6)
- French (Grades 2 - 6)
Thursday: 1/30, 2/6, 2/13, 2/20, 2/27, 3/5
- Paint & Pottery ( Grades 3 - 6)
- Basketball (Grades K - 2)
- Yearbook (Grade 6)
Friday: 1/31, 2/7, 2/21, 2/28, 3/6 - No Class 2/14
- Lego (Grades K - 3)
- Dodgeball (Grades 3 - 6)
- Science Explorers (Grades K - 6)
- Doylestown Rock Gym (Grades K - 6)
***ATTN PARENTS: IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HELPING WITH ANY WINTER CLUB OR WITH DISMISSAL PLEASE CONTACT REBEKAH MASSEY AT firstname.lastname@example.org OR JILL WALTON AT email@example.com. In particular, volunteers are needed on MONDAYS. THANKS FOR CONSIDERING!
Here is the latest episode of Lightning News. Thanks to the Rudolph Crew for doing an AMAZING job meeting their deadlines to get the video finished before the holiday weekend!!
Award winning author and illustrator Floyd Cooper gave 2 presentations at Linden on Feb. 10th. Mr. Cooper shared his technique for illustration with and eraser! In telling how he became an illustrator, his message was “Never Give Up”. All students in grades k-4 went home with an eraser to try the technique themselves! Thanks LHSA for sponsoring our visiting author program!
Our Regional Learning Support students traveled to Princeton, NJ to see the Harlem Dance Troupe. They were treated to an interactive demonstration of ballet movements and ballet performances to different genres of music. It was a quite enjoyable trip for all.
100 School Days!
Linden’s first grade celebrated their 100th day of school. There were many festivities starting with the children dressing as if they were 100 years old. The children did various games and activities involving the number 100. They played Race to 100 in math, turned the number 100 into beautiful pictures, and experimented with how many tasks they could accomplish in 100 seconds. Linden’s Kindergarten, First, and Second grades worked together to collect $100 and 100 cans to donate to the Doylestown Food Pantry, too.
2nd Grade ChatterKid
The. Students in Mrs. Bredow’s class are reading about fables. They picked their favorite character, took a picture with the ChatterKid app, recorded their voice for the character and posted it on Seesaw. I am so proud of their app smashing tech skills!
PEN Students in Action
Primary Pen students are working hard learning about force and simple machines. They used a force sensor and a spring scale to measure both newtons and joules. They identified simple machines found in the 2019 Hess truck. They also experimented with inclined planes of different lengths to discover that the longer the board, the less force they used.
Today in M3, students played a Smart Notebook Monster review quiz on iPads to review concepts learned thus far. Their goal was to be the first team to help their creature escape. Then we played a dice game, Chase, which strengthened our multiplication facts. Finally, we worked in small groups to solve various algebra puzzles scattered around the room.
Second grade pen students are learning about simple machines. This week we focused on the screw and learned that it is an inclined plane wrapped around a rod. We got creative and used a cheese stick as a rod and crescent roll dough as the inclined plane to make a tasty treat. Thanks to Mrs. Logue for letting us use the oven in the Quest room.
REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE ON MONDAY, MARCH 2ND. After Monday, March 2, you will no longer be able to register. Click the Banner for a copy of the flyer for information about this program.
iRun4Life is a fun, noncompetitive after school running program designed to get kids exercising and eating healthy. iRun4Life focuses on exercise, healthy nutrition, and doing good deeds in our community. Training will start Thursday, March 19, 2020 with our goal race being the iRun4Life Kids Only 3K! We will train for 1 hour after school in teams of 10-15 students and will learn proper running form and pacing. We will also do warm up & cool down exercises, relay races, endurance running and talks about healthy nutrition.
Training will lead up to the Annual iRun4Life Kids Only 3K which will be held on Sunday, May 17th at Central Park in Doylestown. Participation in the race is strictly voluntary. Please note that registration for the race is separate, and there is an additional fee. Details will be made available after the start of the program.
BOX TOP COLLECTION CONTEST - BOX TOPS DUE FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 21ST!
6th Grade Parents Middle School Orientation
Dear Central Bucks family,
The district will host a Drug and Alcohol Awareness/Parent Positive event on Monday, February 24 at Central Bucks High School South.
Highlights include a Parent Positive presentation on the dangers of vaping and other drugs by Doylestown Hospital Director of Pharmacy Dr. Christine Roussel and a keynote address by Matt Weintraub, district attorney for Bucks County. Please click on the following links for more information about childcare, panelist bios, and the link to contribute discussion questions:
District attorney Matt Weintraub was kind enough to sit for a promotional video last week. You may watch the video here.
Please click on the banner for more information about this program.
February Boomerang Asset
February Boomerang Award Asset: Caring
The Boomerang Youth Recognition Award is a district-wide monthly program which recognizes and honors youth in our community for exemplifying one of the chosen Developmental Assets for the school year. The month of February is Asset#26- Caring- Young person Cares about others.
National School Breakfast Week
Draw and Name a new Dr. Seuss Character
Central Bucks Aquatic Swim Lessons
Please visit www.cbsd.org/aquatics for information about the following Central Bucks Aquatics spring programs:
- Group swim lessons (sign-up now for evaluations on 2/25, 2/29, or 3/5; registration deadline 3/4 or when space is filled if sooner)
- Swim team clinic (sign-up now for evaluations on 2/25 or 2/29; registration deadline 4/3 or when space is filled if sooner)
- Diving clinic (registration deadline 3/13 or when space is filled if sooner)
- Lifesaving Recertification (register now to reserve your spot – registration open until week prior to class subject to space availability)