Burleson Elementary News
A NOTE FROM MRS COFFMAN
I have a few friendly reminders for you. It is imperative your students are in class by 7:45 am. We use all instructional minutes and class work begins at 7:45. If you child enters late, they are missing instruction. Five or more tardies results in Monday Makeup School. Also, please be sure your child is bringing a water bottle and mask to school everyday.
Our fifth graders did an outstanding job interviewing for Broncoville last Friday!
The newly elected fifth graders worked their first Broncoville yesterday and did any amazing job serving all the elementary students.
Thank you to all who have donated to our Broncoville AR Store, we appreciate it so much. If you would like to donate to our Broncoville AR store, you can drop your items in the elementary building.
- Practice letter and sound recognition for Aa, Hh, Vv, Xx, Zz, Ll, Hh, Ff, Tt, Kk.
- Focus on number recognition up to number 10.
- Library book due back on Tuesday.
- Please write number of words read on reading log.
- Check snack list.
- Bring water bottle every day.
- Attendance is important daily.
Thank you for all your support! Mrs. A 😊
1. Conferences are next week. Please wear a mask. See you then!
2. Read, read, read with your child every night.
3. Practice sight words, writing simple sentences, and counting to 100.
4. Bring a water bottle every day (only water).
5. Keep in touch with me if your child is going to be absent.
- Study spelling words for a test on Friday.
- Study all sight words, but we will test on the GREEN ones Friday.
- Practice +3's we will test on Friday.
- Bring your library books to school every day.
- Don't forget to bring a water bottle every day.
- If you did not meet with me for a parent conference, please dojo me to schedule a meeting.
1. Practice math facts, we are working on +8 this week.
2. Study the spelling words for a test on Friday.
3. Bring your library book to school every day.
4. Remember to bring a water bottle each day(water only).
5. Thank you to all the parents that were able to meet with me for a parent conference on Monday. If you have not responded or checked ClassDojo, please do so and let me know what day and time you would like to meet for a conference.
Thank you for all that you do!
- Make sure you are reading at least 20 minutes 3 times a week and recording on your Book It calendar.
- Thank you to those who came to your parent conferences. If you missed your conference that's ok, we will be getting with you to reschedule through Class Dojo.
- Make sure you are checking Class Dojo messages.
- Keep practicing multiplication facts every night. We test on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
- 4th grade is in the lead for the most words read!!!! Way to go 4th grade. Keep it up! Read at least 20 minutes every night.
It's great to be back!
- This week 4th grade are working hard on writing responses to open ended questions and are practicing their editing skills using the program Target reading.
- Our spelling words this week are irregular plurals which they have put into practice today with their editing. They will have a spelling test tomorrow!
- I am setting new AR levels this week based on the AR Star test they took last week, so you may see a change in the level of books they bring home.
- We began a new topic in SS today with the introduction of the early European explorers.
Please contact me via Dojo with any questions or concerns. I am here to help!
*Spelling Test on Friday
*Broncoville was great! Read Nightly so they can shop more next time!!!!
*Bring books to school EVERY day
*Bring a water bottle daily (we have been forgetting a lot lately)
Thank you for attending Parent Conferences!
MEADOW SPIRIT GEAR
Please bring it to the elementary office.
PEP RALLY THEME
Wear your CAMO on Friday to school!!
Bronco Football News!!
WEDNESDAY SNACK DAY
Cotton Candy, Dippin Dots, Popcorn or Sno - Cones