Human Dependence Project by Anya Golovko
Negative Effects on the Environment:
- Can effect biodiversity ( diversity of living things).
- Collapse of the ecosystem and our environment.
Overfishing - The consequences
The Main Regions affected by Overfishing:
Regions along coasts of the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans are most affected by Overfishing.
- The most wildlife that is impacted is marine wildlife like Tuna, Sharks, and many more types of fish.
- Overishing affects wildlife because the lack of one fish can lead to no food for another marine organism or fish.
- It could affect us in League City because since we are close by the coast and most ports will be taken we could lose jobs and food.
- Overfishing can affect people,when one region shut down cod fishery, 50,000 people lost their jobs as fishermen. ( Reference- Canadian Wildlife Federation)
Who Causes Overfishing?
Fishers cause overfishing when they think oceans have a unlimited supply of fish.
Existing Solutions to Overfishing:
Companies like WWF ( World Wildlife Foundation) are trying to set a environmental standard to sustainable fisheries
My Solution To Overfishing:
My solution is to help fisheries set up a max capacity on how much much fish they can fish without overfishing. My solution is able to be implemented now.