EVHS Weekly Announcements
Edition #2: Friday 9.18.2020
- Student Picture Days: Monday and Tuesday, September 28 and 29
- Digital Academy Student Picture Day: Wednesday, September 30
- Parent/Guardian Open House: Virtual presentations during the Week of September 21
- Virtual Senior Parent College Application Planning Night (Zoom): Thursday, September 17 at 6:30pm (Register with link below)
- Parent/Guardian & Teacher Conferences: Friday, October 9 (Virtual)
(NEW) Before and After School
The building will be open at 7:30am. The school day ends at 1:40pm and students must leave the building at that time (unless they are rostered in a co-curricular activity scheduled for that day). Please plan your transportation to and from Eastview to allow for these times.
When students enter the building they will have two options; either to eat breakfast or go directly to their first classroom scheduled for the day.
Students participating in co-curricular athletic and other activities that are led by an adult Eastview program leader, and are on the program’s roster, will be allowed to remain in the building on in-person learning days, if needed, between 1:40pm (end of school day) and 3:30pm (start of practice).
For students in our District 196 Academy or for cohort A or B students at home during their distance learning days, the building will open at 3:00pm to arrive for co-curricular activities.
(NEW) Lifetouch Picture Days
Monday, September 28 - Cohort A
Tuesday, September 29 - Cohort B
Wednesday, September 30 - Cohort C
Lifetouch Studios will be at Eastview these three days to photograph students for the yearbook. Order forms will be distributed to Cohorts A and B next week, but online orders are available now for all Cohorts at www.mylifetouch.com. You will need to use Picture Day ID: EVTMDHRPX
Eastview High School issues permits twice per year: in September for our Fall semester and in January for our Spring semester. The parking fee for 2020-2021 is $48 per semester. Fall permits are available on MyPaymentsPlus beginning the week of August 17th and Spring permits beginning the week of January 4th. Payment of $48 must be submitted along with the online application. Any/all outstanding fees/fines must be paid in full in order to receive a parking permit; fees/fines may be paid online or in person at the Eastview High School Main Office. Fall permits may be picked up when attending school the week of September 8th.
PSEO Student Parking Permits
For students that will be taking Post-Secondary Enrollment Option courses and will be at Eastview for two class periods or less during the Hybrid Schedule, please stop in the main office and purchase a discounted EVHS Parking Permit for the semester.
Daily Parking Permits
A one-day permit will also be available at the cost of $5.00 per day. Daily permits may be purchased from the EVHS Attendance Office prior to 8:00am.
Senior IDs Available For Pickup
Attention, Seniors: you can pick up your EVHS senior ID cards at the West Entrance Desk during school hours.
Free Lunches For All Students & Educational Benefits
The USDA announced a short-term program to provide school meals at no cost to all students. The program will last until funding runs out. We will announce when the program ends. Until then, all District 196 students are eligible to receive free breakfast and lunch every school day, whether in school or distance learning at home. A la carte items available at school are not included in this program. To order meals for your child to bring home for distance learning days, complete the take-home meal kit survey (click link below). If your child is enrolled in the 196 Digital Academy and you would like to receive a five-day meal kit each week, complete the 196 Digital Academy five-day meal kit survey (click link below).
Your family may qualify for educational benefits. This program waives co-curricular activity fees for the student. You are encouraged to apply with the link below.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Our school nurse is Melissa Persigehl, RN, BSN, LSN, PHN. Her contacts are firstname.lastname@example.org and 952-431-8923. This is monitored each day of the week and weekend.
- We will be diligent in providing a safe environment for our students, faculty and staff.
- Everyone has a responsibility in achieving a school that is safe.
- The face covering policy and physical distancing (6 feet) protocol will be strictly enforced.
- When students arrive to school in the morning, they will either eat breakfast (distanced in Student Commons) or go directly to their first class for the day. At the end of the day, students will leave the building unless they are waiting for a practice or activity that will begin at 3:15 pm.
Parent/Guardians at Eastview
- To ensure and protect the health and safety of our students and faculty/staff, parents & guardians will visit Eastview by appointment only. We will do what we can to accommodate meetings through Zoom call.
- Parents & Guardians may continue to drop off items for students during the school day at our security office at our student entrance (door #1).
Let's commit to each other to (Refer to SMASH image below)
- Be Aware and Monitor our health each day (see link below for a symptoms checklist)
- Wash our hands properly.
- Maintain six feet of physical distance.
- Wear masks/face coverings.
- Show care for our community-#EastviewTogether!
(NEW) Live Webinar - Back to School: Re-entry and Resilience
Click the link below to join.
COLLEGE & SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
(New) Class of 2021 College Process Documents and Instructions
View the Transcript Release Process for Eastview Students & Parents here.
View the Eastview High School Steps to Submit the Common App here.
View the steps to submit College Applications here.
(NOTE: NOT for use with The COMMON APPLICATION. See Common App guidelines sheet instead.)
View the steps to request recommendations from EVHS Staff Members here
Students can find these resources:
- Naviance account homepage → Scroll to bottom --> From My School → Pages
- Schoology Class of 2021 → Resources→ College Resources
(NEW) AP Exams - Register and Pay Now
EVHS Advanced Placement (AP) exam payment deadline - Tuesday, October 20th. The cost is $80.00 per AP exam. (Financial assistance is available for those who qualify for a fee reduction based on Federal guidelines: Free/Reduced Lunch Program - still register for AP exams in MyPaymentsPlus.) The Advanced Placement exams are administered May 3-14, 2021.
STEP 1: Go to MyPaymentsPlus at https://www.mypaymentsplus.com/welcome. Under Events & Activities, go to School & Academics à High School Assessments & Testing àselect the student à 20-21 EVHS AP Subject [listed by course name] to locate the AP exam fee to be paid. There is a $40 late fee (in addition to the $80 exam fee) for exams ordered after the deadline.
STEP 2: AP students must also set up a College Board account (or update an existing account) at www.collegeboard.org. Students then use a JOIN CODE provided by their AP teacher to access AP Classroom. Once a student is connected to AP Classroom, the system is set to automatically order an exam for the associated AP course. https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/join-your-class-online.
Virtual College Events
Coast to Coast College Tour
Dartmouth College, Northwestern University, Princeton University, University of California, Berkeley, and Vanderbilt University
Saturday, September 26, 2020
3 p.m. Central Time
Webinar link sent upon registration.
Minnesota’s Virtual College Exploration.
September 28th to October 14th- register at www.mn-acac.org
Hear from Admission professionals on topics such as paying for college, application essays, college athletic recruitment and more. Learn more about 150 different colleges from all over the country in live information sessions!
Super College Saturday- October 3rd
This is a virtual college readiness experience where underrepresented and first-generation Minnesota high school students will learn about applying to college, financial aid, finding a school that is the right fit for them, and more!
Half day virtual event for seniors.
Learn more and register here!
Fall Testing Updates
FALL TESTING UPDATES
PreACT - October 7, 2020
- The Pre-ACT is rescheduled for the morning of Wednesday, October 7, 2020. There will not be a make-up this fall. This means that this year’s juniors will take the Pre-ACT at the start of their junior year and will take the ACT on March 30, 2021, as currently scheduled.
- Free transportation will be provided to students on October 7. Buses will operate on their regular bus routes. Students will be picked up at their regular bus stop and dropped off at Eastview High School and brought back home.
- There is no fee or pre-registration needed for this exam.
PSAT (optional) October 14, 2020
- Juniors at EVHS have the opportunity to take the PSAT/NMSQT exam. The PSAT (Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test) is practice for the SAT and is used by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation to determine National Merit Scholarship recipients in the class of 2022.
- This exam is optional and is different from the in-school PreACT which will be given for free to all juniors on October 7th.
- If interested, strong test takers are encouraged to take the PSAT to be considered for the National Merit Scholarship program.
ACT - October 6th
- All seniors must complete this form (click link below) by September 25th and indicate if they plan to take the EVHS ACT Exam on October 6th. Any of the information provided will be used for the pre-registration process only.
- There is no writing portion or makeup option available.
- Buses will operate on their regular bus routes. Students will be picked up at their regular bus stop and dropped off at Eastview High School and brought back home.
- Many colleges are changing their admission requirements and how they work with prospective students during the pandemic. More and more are “test optional colleges” that do not require students to take an entrance exam to apply and enroll.
Fall Sports Recaps
Boys Cross Country Finishes 1st in Triangular - September 12
Boys 9A Soccer Team Opens Season With 2 Home Games
Your Eastview boys soccer 9A team had their first home game of the year last Friday against crosstown rivals the Apple Valley Eagles. Apple Valley scored first after a battle in front of the net off of a corner. Going into the half, the Eagles were in the lead 2 to 0.
The Lightning fought back hard and started to close the gap when midfielder Michael Chervatsky scored the Lightning’s first goal of the season of a sweet assist from Jestin Suarez- Kemp. Strong goaltending by Nate Reedstrom kept Eastview in the game, but they lost their season opener 2 to 1 to the Eagles.
On Monday, the boys faced Lakeville South once again on their home turf. Furiously fast forward Jestin Suarez-Kemp was the first one to put the ball in the net for Eastview after dribbling dribbling through several Cougar defenders. Bashir Mumin scored Eastview’s second goal to put the Lightning in the lead 2 to 1 going into the half.
Lakeville rebounded with a goal of their own early in the second to tie the game at 2 to 2. Despite several opportunities for the Lightning to score, the game ended in a 2 to 2 tie.
The Lightning travel to Shakopee on Friday and will face Eagan on Monday.
Fall Super Group
Registration for fall super group is $50. Please complete your registration through MyPaymentsPlus (click link below) by Friday, September 18th at midnight.
Contact Troy Swanson with any questions.