November 18, 2022
- November 14 - 18 - Book Fair
- November 17 - Turkey Trot/Picnic/Book Fair 5:30 - 7:00 pm
- November 21-25 Thanksgiving Break
Click HERE for the 2022-23 PISD District Calendar
Important Contents Below
A limited number of guests continue to be able to come and have lunch with their children. Parents of students in pre-k through 5th grade are able to sign up for a specific date and time to join their child for lunch using this Sign-Up Genius link, available on the Thomas website as well.
Please make a note of the following information regarding visiting your child for lunch:
- Only one adult will be allowed to join his/her student for lunch.
- Only 6 reservations are allowed each day per grade level.
- No siblings or extra guests will be allowed at this time.
- We ask that you only sign up for one special day at this time.
You will be permitted to sign in, go to the cafeteria to meet your child, and then walk back to the front of the building where we will have a special area set up for parents to eat with their children outside of the front office. Afterward, parents will sign out and leave from there and students will go back to class.
We are glad lunch visitors are back.
The Scholastic Book Fair is coming! SAVE THE DATE for Nov.14th - 18th and get ready to empower your reader with book choice.
Start exploring together:
¡RESERVA LA FECHA! A partir del 14 de noviembre al 18 de noviembre, ven a la Feria del Libro de Scholastic. Cada compra apoya a nuestra escuela.
Turkey Trot November 17 from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm
What: Fun run & fall festival
Who: Thomas's students and families
When: November 17th, 2022 @ 5:30-7pm
Where: The front parking lot of Thomas Elementary
The Thomas Turkey Trot is coming soon! This will be a great time with family and friends. There will not only be a running course set up, but also lots of other fun activities for you to enjoy. There will be a snow cone truck, DJ, and the book fair. This will be a come and go event. Turkey Trot t-shirts will be available for order until November 1st. All proceeds will go towards Thomas Elementary. We hope to see you there!!
We hope everyone is continuing to have a great school year. The annual Thomas Food Drive is beginning this month and going through November 16. Please see the flyer for items to donate!
As counselors, we are continuing to provide monthly lessons and activities to support the social and emotional development of your child and family. Please see the list below for upcoming lesson topics for November:
Healthy choices, friendship, appreciation of others
Please reach out if there is anything that we, your teachers, or the principals can do to support you. We are in a partnership to support the academic, social, and emotional needs of your child.
*Reminders for good attendance at school: *
1. Build a routine: Be on time, every day. Check completed assignments every evening.
2. Unexcused absences (car trouble, overslept, bad weather) accumulate quickly!
3. Long vacations and frequent doctor appointments during school hours can cause a student to fall behind in class - plan to spread these out.
4. Report excused absences to the front office within three days of the student's return.
5. Make sure your child is getting at least 8 hours of sleep and stays home when they are contagious or running a fever.
Meaghan Tichenor /3rd-5th
· Free Library Card: Getting a library card is easy and free for all Plano residents as well as residents of reciprocating cities: Allen, Frisco, Garland, McKinney, Richardson, The Colony, and Wylie.
The mission of Communities In Schools (CIS) is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
HOW WE HELP:
Lunch Groups: Self Esteem Building, Friendships, Leadership, etc.
& Much more!
HOW TO GET YOUR CHILD INVOLVED:
Everyone is welcome to join!
If you would like your child to participate in the CIS program, please complete the electronic parent consent form at https://cisdallas.org/parent-consent-form/ .
If you do not wish for your child to be a part of the program, but are still interested in helping the Site Coordinator understand the needs of our students, please take a few minutes to complete the following survey. Thank you for all that you do!
Parent/Guardian Concerns Survey ENGLISH: https://forms.gle/KxXZUfNNQsS9tdrp6
Parent/Guardian Concerns Survey ESPAÑOL: https://forms.gle/Pq6Pzrj5nw2ivSML9
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
CIS Site Coordinator
Thomas Elementary - Rm. #A110
Padres de Habla Hispana Nuevos en el País
El Jueves 13 de Octubre será nuestra reunión de bienvenida para padres recién llegados. Entonces, si ustedes son padres de habla hispana que son nuevos en el país, asegúrense de inscribirse utilizando el enlace en la parte inferior de este mensaje. ¡Tendremos café con pan dulce para ustedes y mucha información! Esta reunión se ofrecerá únicamente en español. Hablaremos de los siguientes 3 temas:
- Conociendo más acerca del Sistema educativo en los Estados Unidos
- Utilizando recursos del distrito y de la comunidad
- Participando y colaborando dentro de la escuela y otras actividades importantes.
ENLACE PARA REGISTRARSE: Orientación para Padres y Guardianes Nuevos al Distrito Escolar de Plano (google.com)
Plaza Comunitária de Plano
Parent Education & Engagement Program (PEEP)
The Plano ISD Parent Education & Engagement Program (PEEP) offers classes, services, and resources to all parents and families of Plano ISD. Parents can access district-wide scheduled workshops and registration on the PEEP website and receive updates on the PEEP Facebook Page. Several classes are offered in hybrid settings. Parents can join in person at the Bird Welcome and Enrollment Center (1300 19th Street, Plano) or attend virtually through Zoom. For more information about PEEP services such as 1-on-1 parent partnering, GED/ESL classes, etc., please view this information in English and Spanish or contact Sharon Bradley.
- 2022-2023 PEEP Flyer (English)
- 2022-2023 PEEP Flyer (Spanish)
- 2022 I'm Present" Parent Workshop (English and Spanish)
- 9/22 Districtwide Parent Workshop from Grant Halliburton: Safe! Issues Affecting Today's Youth and How You Can Help (English)
- 9/22 Districtwide Parent Workshop from Grant Halliburton: Safe! Issues Affecting Today's Youth and How You Can Help (Spanish)
Technical Assistance For technical assistance, such as password retrieval and issues with your account, please visit vol.cayzu.com.
The Plano ISD PreK program provides a language and literacy-enriched environment where children have hands-on opportunities for learning.