Attendance Reporting Update
How Parents Receive Attendance Notifications 10/22/21
A Message From LTISD
Dear Lake Travis ISD Parents and Guardians,
Regular attendance at school is essential to ensuring high levels of achievement for our students. As we enter the second nine-week grading period, you may notice new letters and notifications in Skyward Family Access. Soon we will begin sending attendance letters for students with excessive absences on a regular basis. Traditionally, these letters are sent when students have three (3), six (6) or nine (9) unexcused absences. Additional letters are sent to families when a student has missed 10% and 25% of an academic year with total combined excused and unexcused absences.
Sample attendance letters are pictured below:
Communication between school and home is critical. Therefore, should you need to update your communication preferences within Skyward Family Access, please follow the steps highlighted in the corresponding link: https://youtu.be/sVq7z3oG1aE
More information about attendance requirements can be found in school board policies FEC (LEGAL), FEC (LOCAL), and FED (LEGAL). We value our partnership with you and appreciate your attention to this matter as we work together to help our students succeed.
Absent? Early Pick Up? Arriving Late?
Use Smart Tag for Attendance Accuracy!
It's easy from your SmartPhone or Desktop
· LTISD is using the SMART tag system for all student dismissal changes, early pickup, and absence reporting.
· SMARTtag can be accessed on your desktop computer or smartphone
· To access via your desktop computer, go to parent.smart-tag.net
· To access via your smartphone, download the Lake Travis ISD app and scroll to SMARTtag.
· New users will need to register their account. Make sure to have your child's student ID (this 6-digit ID can be found in Skyward) and date of birth.
· To enter click on View Profile (in blue under your child's name in the top left of the screen) then scroll down.
· To make a change to dismissal, scroll to the blue box “Add Dismissal Change”.
· To report an absence, scroll to the blue box “Add Attendance Change” . NOTE: When reporting an absence, you are required to provide the reason for the absence. If it is sick, please provide a brief description.
· For an early pickup, click on the “Add Attendance Change” tab, select early dismissal and enter the time you want to pick up from the front office.
· NOTE: All entries must be input by 1:30 pm. Although you can't make changes for previous days, you can input future changes.
Thank you very much for using SMART Tag!