Creati...Good or Bad???
By: Dylan McKee
What is it??? What is it used for???
Creatine is a nitrogenous organic acid that occurs naturally in vertebrates, and helps supply energy to cells in the body, but primarily the muscles. Creatine is often used by athletes to increase maximum power and performance of high intensity periods of work and rest anywhere from 5% to 15%.
What are some of the pros and cons???
- It lowers your myostatin cells which limits the growth within your muscles.
- It allows the body to gain a possibility of 10% or more in muscle mass.
- Increases athletic performance up to 20%
- Creatine has been known to add a lot of stress on the heart and liver, and for those who use creatine often may suffer from cardiac troubles or other organs failing to work properly.
- It pumps water into the muscles, so when you stop using creatine and stop lifting the water leaves the muscles which could cause you to lose muscle mass at a much faster rate.
Creatine is a great way to increase muscle mass fast, but with all the negative affects that could come from it are not worth it. For the pricing to purchase these items as well for the negative affects that come with it are outrageous. It would much better and healthier for a more natural approach on exercising without using substance's. It is a lot healthier and better for the body in the long run. The use of creatine is just simply not worth it.