American Legand From The Old West
"Although [he is] one of the most famous law men of the American west -best remembered for his role in the shoot-out at the O.K Corral" ("Wyatt Earp").
Wyatt Earp is an American legend from the old west. He is famous for his dedication to enforcing peace at a time when gunslingers caused great trouble. Earp is most remembered for the shootout at the O.K coral. The O.K coral was located in Tombstone, Arizona in 1881. Later in his life he was a sheriff in Wichita, Kansas from 1875-1876. He was involved in a fight which included Billie and Ike Clanton, Tom and Frank Melowery, and lastly Billy Claiborne. Against Wyatt Earp and Doc Holidays. Even though the other team which are the cowboys had more people doesn't mean they had won because they hadn't Wyatt Earp and Doc Holidays won. To this day Wyatt has been branded as both a hero and killer ("Wyatt Earp").
Who was Wyatt Earp?
- March 19, 1848-Wyatt Earp was born
- February 1870-got married to Urilla Sutherland who died soon after
- 1875-1876-became a police officer in Wichita,Kansas
- 1851-1887-met Doc Holiday (he will be part of the fight at the o.k coral with Earp)
- October 25, 1881-A showdown took place at the o.k coral involving Earp and Doc Holiday
- November 28-Wyatt Earp married Mattie Earp his second wife
- October 26, 1882-many believed that the gunfight was a murder disguised as a crime fighting
- March 1882-Morgan (Wyatt s older sister) had been shot and lay dead
- 1888-Mattie Earp died and Wyatt married his third wife Josephine Sarah Marcus
- January 13, 1929-Wyatt Earp died at the age of 80 years old
- "American Experience:Wyatt Earp." PBS.org, 2010. Web. 3 May 2012. <http://news/2010/Jan 22/American-Experience.Wyatt Earp.htm>.
- Craig A. Forts Collection. Portrait of Wyatt Earp.1869-1871. Web. 4 May 2012. <http://wgbh/American Experience/features/timeline/Wyatt/>.
- Courtesy John Rose-Wyatt Earp with his mother Virginia Ann. 1848. web. 4 May.2012 <http://wgbh/American Experience/features/timeline/Wyatt/>.
- "Nash-Jay Robert."O.K Coral/ gunfight:."Blood Letters And The Badmen.New York.:M. Evens and Co,1995.i.e
- "Wyatt Earp". Outlaws ,mobsters and crooks.1998. Gale. Web. 30 April. 2012
- 'Wyatt Earp.Biography.com. A+E, 2012. Web. 3 May.2012 <http//people/Wyatt-Earp-9283338/>.