Family Engagement News
August 15, 2018
Information Below on the TEA Meeting Scheduled for September 25th at ESC-20!
Building Capacity and Strengthening Partnerships for Family Engagement
ESSA, Building Capacity (section 1116) has long been a requirement of LEAs and schools, but for many it has been a perfunctory task rather than a useful tool designed to increase parent and family engagement in a way that increases student achievement.
This session will provide a quick overview of the ESSA, Building Capacity requirements and strategies to help work innovatively with parents and families. Techniques for working collaboratively with families will be discussed. Session will also include a presentation by a model school who is doing exceptional work with their families.
Extensive handouts and resources will be provided.
Intended Audience: ESC Staff, Federal Program Directors, Administrators, Parent and Family Engagement Liaisons
Download the Flyer BELOW!
Steps for registration:
- Go to (Region 16 ESC) https://www.escweb.net/tx_r16/catalog/search.aspx
- On right side, “Already know the workshop ID? Workshop ID” type in 674000, Click “Go”
- Right hand side, Click “Register”
- Bottom left, Click “Checkout”
- At this point new members will need to “Create an Account” and then Click “Submit” or Previous Users will need to sign-in (if they have not already done so) and then Click “Submit”
- Select method of payment to continue.
- Provide purchase order or credit card information.
- Then Click, “Complete Checkout”
Family Engagement Teacher/Administrator Training
Download the flyer below. Please share with the appropriate staff!
Please note: Bexar County is a work in progress but you will still gain access to numerous resource directories filled with community resources and services.
Click the image below to access the resources or click here: Community Resources
Please share any additions that I could add as you come across them! Thank you!
Have you registered for the 2018 Statewide Parental Involvement Conference?
Mark Your Calendar for the 2018 Statewide Parental Involvement Conference, “One Team One Dream,” at Frisco, TX, December 6-8.
Conference Website: http://www.implanners.com/parents/
Conference Registration flyer: http://www.implanners.com/parents/pdfs/Conference-Registration-Page.pdf
- $160 per person until 10/19
- $185 per person 10/20 – 11/15
- $300 per person after 11/15
Preconference Registration flyer: http://www.implanners.com/parents/pdfs/Pre-Conference-Registration-Page.pdf
- $100 per person until 10/19
- $130 per person 10/20 – 11/15
- $250 per person after 11/15
Online Registration: https://www.implanners.com/parents/register.php
Host Hotel: Embassy Suites Hotel and Convention Center, Frisco, TX. (972) 712-7200, code R16, $120 per night. http://www.implanners.com/parents/content.php?op=page&cmsid=4