November 18, 2021
¿Necesita traducción? Haga clic en el enlace "Traducir Newsletter" a la derecha (cuando haya iniciado sesión en una computadora) para seleccionar su idioma. Para traducir desde su dispositivo móvil, haga clic en el icono de la persona y seleccione su idioma.
Cần dịch? Nhấp vào liên kết "Dịch Bản tin" ở bên phải (khi đăng nhập vào máy tính) để chọn ngôn ngữ của bạn. Để dịch từ thiết bị di động của bạn, hãy nhấp vào biểu tượng hình người và chọn ngôn ngữ của bạn.
Нужен перевод? Щелкните ссылку «Перевести информационный бюллетень» справа (при входе в систему на компьютере), чтобы выбрать свой язык. Чтобы перевести с мобильного устройства, щелкните значок человека и выберите свой язык.
Change In School Calendar
The Beaverton School District has made an adjustment to the school calendar in November. Please make these changes on your calendar for the week of November 22 -29:
- Monday, November 22: No school for students; professional development day for licensed staff; work day for classified staff (Previously, this day was an instructional day.)
- Tuesday, November 23: No school for students or staff (Previously, this day was an instructional day.)
- Wednesday, November 24-Friday, November 26: No school
- Monday, November 29: Regular school day for students and staff; A/Odd Day (Previously, this day was a no student/staff professional day.)
The result of the calendar change is one less instructional day in favor of a Wellness Day for our students and staff. While this change may pose a challenge for some, I hope that you will agree that a focus on wellness is needed at this time.
COVID Tests Coming Home
Attention 5th Grade Parents
Option School/Program Application Process
Applications for the 2022-2023 school year are now available.
Students may only select one Learning Option school on their application. They should give careful consideration to their choice of school. Once an application has been submitted, no changes will be allowed.
The following are the option schools/programs available:
- Arts and Communication Magnet Academy (ACMA)
- Beaverton Academy of Science and Engineering (BASE)
- International School of Beaverton (ISB)
- Rachel Carson Program of Environmental Science at Cedar Park Middle School
Do you want more information on each Option School: BSD Learning Options
Applications must be received online or in the Learning Options office no later than Friday, December 10 at 4:00 p.m. Visit the Learning Options webpage for more information.
Former Bethany Student on Jeopardy
We are so excited to announce that a former Bethany student will be a contestant on Jeopardy tomorrow night, Friday - November 19th. Chi-Nhan Vo went to Bethany from Kindergarten through 5th grade back in 2003-3008. Jeopardy can be found on ABC at 7:00pm
If you are home, please tune in and cheer on a Bethany Bobcat!
School Pictures Come Home Tomorrow
We received our picture packets this afternoon. We have divided them up and will have the teachers send them home tomorrow.
Our Retake Day is Wednesday, December 1st. If you ordered pictures and want retakes, you will need to send in the old packet on that day and they will give it to the photographer.
Minutes Read to date: 94,600 Minutes
Cumulative School Goal: 100,000 minutes
Fundraising Goal: $20,000
Funds Raised to Date: $4,482
We are at 94.6% to our Reading Goal and 22.4% on our way to our Fundraising Goal.
Keep reading and fundraising!
Mrs. Sheehan's class is in the lead with $865 raised. Make sure you add your child as a participant on the 99 Pledges site and share their link with friends and family!
Add a Leaf To The Tree
We have this tree in our Library, and want to fill it with leaves.
How Do You Add A Leaf?
- Kindergarten - 2nd grade: When they read 100 minutes they can ask their teacher for a leaf. They put their name on the leaf and it is placed on the tree.
- 3rd - 5th grader: When they read 200 minutes they can ask their teacher for a leaf. They put their name on the leaf and it is placed on the tree.
10/29 – 11/28 Students ask family and friends to sponsor them during the Read-A-Thon.
10/29 – 11/27 Read, Read, Read and Record your minutes!
11/28 Students collect donations.
11/29 Students turn in any cash or check donation envelopes.
12/6 - 12/10 Prizes are distributed.
All Reading Outside of School Counts!
● Homework reading counts!
● Reading-to-self counts!
● Getting read to by someone else counts!
● Reading aloud to other people counts. If you happen to read to someone who is also participating in the Read-A-Thon, it counts for both of you!
Nike Employee Match
Do you work at Nike?
Nike will match their Employees donations 2x the last Tuesday of November!
Please consider donating to BSPTO through your Nike Employer on Tuesday, November 30th.
Nike Donation Matching – Instructions
- 1. Go to Give Your Best at https://nike.benevity.org/ and log in with your credentials.
- 2. In Make a Donation, search for the cause in Find a Cause.
- 3. Make your donation/Request a match
2. If the donation is made to the PTO by other means, click “Request a Match” and submit your receipt.
If you donate for Jog or Read -A-Thon, Please save a copy of your “Confirmation” or “Donation Accepted” screen including the original donation amount and send it to the student’s family so they can receive credit for school prizes.
********** PTO Updates **********
November PTO Meeting
Shop & Earn Money for Bethany PTO
* * * * * * Reminders & Repeats * * * * * *
OHSU COVID-19 Screening
- Please administer the test on Monday morning before having breakfast or brushing teeth.
- Please affix one label to the vial and one label to the biohazard bag.
- Please ensure the student's name and birthdate are easily visible.*Send the test-kit back on Monday morning with your student. Test-kits that arrive late (after 9:00am), unfortunately, must be thrown out.
Links to instructions:
Help Us Purchase School Supplies
Here are the instructions to follow, once you are in the system:
- Click on your student’s name
- Click on school Items
- Click on the correct grade
- Click on school supplies
If your child is presenting with any of the following primary COVID symptoms, a staff member will accompany your child to the school isolation room:
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- a New Loss of taste or smell
Students with primary COVID symptoms, will need to have proof of a negative COVID test, or a Doctor's note, or quarantine for 10 days to return to school.