2022 Summer Opportunities
Aviation Summer Camp - FREE
Health Professions Summer Program
Due to demand, the College of Health and Human Sciences at K-State has announced a second session for their Health Professions Summer Program! The second session will be held July 24-29, 2022 on K-State's Manhattan campus.
This week-long program is for 2022-2023 high school juniors and seniors interested in a career helping others through the health care industry. Participants will come to Meet, Explore, and Experience health care professions with a small cohort of like-minded high school students.
As a part of this program, students will:
- Other high school students interested in a health care career.
- K-State alumni currently enrolled in professional school or working in the area as health care professionals.
- K-State faculty with expertise in areas of human health.
- Current K-State students pursuing a career as a health care professional.
- K-State health professions advisors.
- A variety of professions that focus on human health including areas such as health care providers, food safety, public health professionals, and illness and disease researchers.
- How professions focused on health care work together to provide a holistic approach to their patients and clients.
- Professional school applications and how to become a competitive applicant.
- Living on campus in the residence halls.
- Hands-on activities that explore the different areas of health care.
- All that K-State has to offer!
For more information and/or to register, go HERE.
Summer STEM Program - 2 Hours of College Credit!
Deadline for Registration: June 5, 2022 (Spaces are Limited!)
Cost: $385* Includes tuition for one hour of college credit, lodging for 5 nights in the residence halls, breakfast, lunch, dinner for 5 days.
Cost: $260* Includes tuition for one hour of college credit, lunch, and dinner for 5 days.
*Before May 1
KU School of Pharmacy Summer Camp
During these one-day camps on our beautiful Lawrence campus, students will experience in-person, hands-on activities related to the current pharmacy curriculum designed to teach them what the pharmacy profession is all about.
AVAILABLE SUMMER CAMPS DATES
Monday, June 13, 2022
Wednesday, June 15, 2022
Friday, June 17, 2022
Monday, June 20, 2022
Wednesday, June 22, 2022
Friday, June 24, 2022
For more information or to register, visit pharmacy-summercamp.ku.edu or email email@example.com.
AmeriCorps Kansas State Parks Summer Internship
Since 1994, more than 1.1 million members have served in AmeriCorps. Members contribute to critical community needs by providing assistance to millions of Americans to meet demands in education, public safety, heath, poverty, responding to disasters and sustaining parks, public lands and the environment.
AmeriCorps is a national service program which allows team members to gain service experience and knowledge through hands-on participation in a variety of projects.
Serving with Kansas State Parks is a great opportunity for young people to gain knowledge and skills of the outdoors and is a really great way to boost a resume. Our service members receive a stipend every two weeks and at the end of their term they receive an Education award to put towards their higher education. We would love to add some Part-Time members to our team at El Dorado State Park. Our managers are super flexible with student schedules and even offer service hours on the weekends. If you have juniors or seniors looking for Summer Internships, this would be a great opportunity.
Must be 17 years of age
Have a high school diploma or GED, or agree to obtain one during service term
Citizen of the United States or Permanent Legal Resident
Commit to one year of service and complete:
Full-time: 1700 hours of service
Part-time: 900 hours of service
Quarter-time: 450 hours of service
Min-time: 300 hours of service
Interested? Please contact:
Riston Landwehr | AmeriCorps Coordinator
Kansas Department of Wildlife & Parks
512 S.E. 25th Ave. I Pratt, KS 67124620-672-5911 | ksoutdoors.com