Welcome to the NGC
Freshman Scheduling Edition
Welcome Class of 2025!
Welcome to the NGC! We are excited to welcome you to the Ninth Grade Community at Milford High School! We have an outstanding staff who will welcome you to the Ninth Grade Community in the fall! The office staff of the Ninth Grade Community includes:
Stacy Smith- Associate Principal Ninth Grade Community email@example.com
Kaitlyn Richter- Counselor Ninth Grade Community firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Zidron- Student Support Advisor email@example.com
Paula Harvey-Administrative Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
We will help your child navigate the transition from the junior high to the high school as they learn new subjects, make new friends, and choose from a variety of sports and activities to be involved in!
Scheduling for Freshman Year
IN-PERSON Students: Ninth Grade Scheduling Video
EAGLE ONLINE Students: Ninth Grade Scheduling Video
This video was shared with all 8th grade students during ACE. This video will help you and your student complete the scheduling worksheet used to create their freshman schedule! Please watch this video to make sure you completed the worksheet correctly! Eagle Online students can pick up a copy of the scheduling worksheet from the MJHS office or print your own copy.
NGC Scheduling Presentation
NGC Schedule Assistance February 17, 2021 3:15-6:00
If you require a video call with her during conferences on February 17, 2021,
You will enter the waiting room in Zoom for your scheduling meeting. If Miss Richter finishes early with an appointment, she will continue with the next in line for scheduling questions. Please note she will honor your appointment time regardless.
Meeting ID: 952 0786 0195
Importance of Team Study Hall
Sample Freshman Scheduling Worksheet
2. Students will bring home the scheduling worksheet for you to help them complete.
3. February 17, 2021: Miss Richter is available for scheduling questions via ZOOM from 3:15-6:00! (Also available via phone and email from Feb. 10-19)
4. February 19, 2021:
- IN-PERSON Students: Due date for students to turn in the scheduling worksheet to their Social Studies teacher.
- EAGLE ONLINE Students: Return a paper copy to MJHS counselor or email a copy to Miss Richter at email@example.com
5. February 19-February 27, 2021 MJHS teachers will review placements and contact parents for any change recommendations
6. Week of March 1: Miss Richter/Mrs. Smith will meet with all 8th graders and enter their schedules into the scheduling system based on their worksheet.
7. April/May: Student schedules are matched based on availability of courses and checked to ensure each student has a full schedule with 14 points to fill all 7 bells of the school day.
8. August 2021: Schedules will be available in Progressbook and available for pick during Schedule Pick Up days in August usually the week before school begins.
- World Languages
- PE and Health
- Music and Theater
- Choir - Information Video
- Visual Arts
- Applied Business and Technology courses-https://youtu.be/hx2P9hWrDEE
- Science classes
- Social Studies classes
- Creative Writing
- Publications (Yearbook)
- Advanced Placement (AP) classes
- Great Oaks Courses:
- ROTC: https://youtu.be/vv9TMdLPKFw
- Foundations in Education: Click here for more info
Where to find information...
The NGC office will send a newsletter to parent and student email accounts each Friday during the school year. You can check the NGC Webpage and NGC Updates slide presentation for up to date information throughout the year!
Ninth Grade Community
NGC Student Support Advisor: Jeff Zidron firstname.lastname@example.org
NGC School Counselor: Kaitlyn Richter email@example.com
NGC Administrative Assistant: Paula Harvey firstname.lastname@example.org