- Conduct scientific studies & brain function
- Collect information through observation, interviews, & other methods
- Research and identify behavioral or emotional patterns
- Test for patterns that will help them better understand & predict behavior
- Use their knowledge to increase understanding among individuals & groups
Days & hours worked
Psychologists in private practice often set their own hours. They may offer evening or weekend hours to accommodate clients. Those employed in hospitals may also have weekend shifts. Most working in clinics or schools work full-time schedules dring regular business hours.
Salary and salary range with experience
Starting salary: (per hour) $33.31
Salary per year: $69,280
- Communication skills
- Observation skills
You really need to devote your self and dedicate yourself to learning in order to make it.
Also, you need to be good and patient with people.
3 Positive aspects
- You have the chance to help other people
- Learn and understand the human brain
- The dedication is definitely a good thing, learning to stick with something you want to do
3 Negative aspects
- A lot of schooling requirements
- Not having the best chance to get into a psychology job
- Competiton for jobs for psychologists will vary by speciality