The Triton Tribune - Parent Edition
Be Kind ~ Be Awesome ~ Make The Right Choices
Volume 2 ~ Issue 16~ November 16, 2020
While we ended our week with a bit of bad news of going back to the Purple Tier status in San Diego, I want us to focus on all that is good. Eckhart Tolle once said, "Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance." It is impossible to be grateful and be depressed at the same time. And being grateful for what we have is a choice. I want you to take time this week to chronicle all the good in your lives and verbally express your gratitude for them. Here is what I am thankful for:
- I am thankful for my faith that keeps me grounded.
- I am thankful for my husband and two children who serve as constant reminders of what is important.
- I am thankful for my circle of friends who have encouraged me along this journey called life.
- I am thankful for my ELM staff who continue to persevere and aim to give the best of themselves and many times in sacrifice of their own families.
- I am thankful for my students who have shown resilience beyond compare.
- I am thankful for my ELM parents who are doing their very best to support their children's learning.
Finishing Strong in the Academic Journey
As we march toward the end of the semester, we want to make sure that our children are maintaining their good grades or working to improve any failing grades. If you need to improve your grades, please take advantage of all the virtual tutoring that we are offering. Some of your children have been identified to come back to school for additional support. If your child has been identified for the in-person support, please take advantage of it and attend. Progress Report 2 serves as official notice of potentially failing a class in which your child has received an F. But it is not too late as long as they take advantage of every available academic support that we offer. We hope to see an increase in your children using these supports.
Academic Honor Celebration on November 20
On Friday, November 20, we will be celebrating students who have been recognized as recipients of the Principal Honor Roll, students who have earned Reclassification status of English Proficient and special ed students who have been identified as having earned academic progress distinction between Progress Report 1 and Progress Report 2. We will have drive-through celebration between 9:00am - 12:00pm. The student list will be released on Tuesday evening in addition to receiving an email in your district gmail account. We can't wait to celebrate you!
ELM Virtual Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Weekend
This year, ELM has decided to host a virtual Turkey Trot. Students will have the opportunity to sign up by this Thursday, November 11. Those who will register ahead will receive a race bib and stickers that you can pin on you as you complete your mile. The Turkey Trot will take place on Thanksgiving weekend (November 26 - 29) and you will have to submit your picture with your bib as you run the mile. See details below.
ASB Spirit Day: Animal Dress Up Day on Thursday, November 19, 2020
Do you have a favorite animal dress outfit. This Thursday, you will have the opportunity to showcase your animal gear. I can't wait to see your outfit!
ELM Spirit Gear Purchase Window Is Open Again:
Tritons! The online spirit gear store at Next Day Printed Tees is open again! Orders can be placed on bit.ly/ELMspiritgear until November 30th. Expected completion date of items is December 15th (the week before Winter Break). Paid shipping or free customer pickup at NDPT available.
Below are slides and video information that are pertinent to the week. They appear in this order:
1. Academic Honor Celebration: 11-20-20
2. Important Schedule Changes
3. How To Improve Your Grades for the Next Six Weeks
4. ELM Turkey Trot Fall 2020
5. ELM Artist of the Week
6. November Triton Trait: Gratitude
~Triton Trait Nomination
7. Yearbook Submission Request: Triton Trait of Gratitude
8. ASB Activities This Week
~Animal Dress Up Day
~Purple Pride Club
~Eastlake Middle School Gear - Round 2
9. Important Schedule Date Changes
10. Meal Distribution Announcement
11. Attendance Clearance Form
12. Genius Bar Teachers Support Form
13. ELM Parent Restorative Practices Request Form
14. ELM Technology Support Line
Finally, please go to our website [link] for updates. We update it on a daily basis.
Let's have a wonderful week!
It's that time again to publically recognize students who continued to excel up to Progress Report 2 and for those who reached milestones in specific programs. ID numbers will be released this week.
You have six weeks to improve your grades if they are not the grades that you want to have in the end. Please use all the available academic support that ELM has to offer. Check the picture slides below to see how you can access them.
AVAILABLE TUTORING OR ACADEMIC SUPPORT:
- Office Hours and Asynchronous Sessions [See slide below]
- Virtual Math 7 and 8 Tutoring [See slide below]
- Virtual 7th Grade Science Tutoring [See slide below]
- Virtual 8th Grade Science Tutoring [See Slide below]
Onsite In-Person Support Begins November 9
In the works are several plans to bring a select group of the most at-risk students on campus to provide them the support they need. Students who are identified will be asked if they are willing to attend the online support tutoring that has been identified for them. Below are the cohorts that have been identified.
During The Day Support
- General Support - Mr. Alvarado: Begins November 9
- Moderate Program - Ms. Coleman: Begins November 17
- General Support for Sped Students - Ms Schult: Begins November 9
- Mon & Wed General Support - Mr. Rapp: Begins November 9
- Tues & Wed General Support - Mr. Winczowski: Begins November 10
- Spanish Support - Ms. Velazquez: Begins November 19
Not all students will be able to access the onsite support, so it is important that you access all available virtual support. Don't wait until weeks from now to get caught up. This is your part in learning how to regulate your actions so that you develop your self-control.
The Triton Trait for October is Gratitude. "Life is better when you develop an attitude of gratitude." Lewis Howes. This means making it a habit to express thankfulness and appreciation for both the big and small things alike in your life.
Purple Pride Club
This video is brought to you by ELM's Purple Pride Club. We want to promote awareness and acceptance of the LGBTQ community and ALL people. Thanks for watching!
If you qualify for free and reduced lunch, weekly meals are available for you and your family
Click on the title bar to access the Attendance Clearance Form to clear your children's absences. Absences NOT CLEARED within 30 days will be changed to TRUANT.
Do you need technology help. Genius Bar is available from 3:30pm - 4:30pm. Complete the form by clicking on the title bar. A Genius Bar Teacher will call you.
Parents, if your children are experiencing high stress, please click on the title to access the request form. Ms. Quinn will call you to discuss your request.