By: Principal Dufrene (Jan. 18th)
Monday, January 25th we begin second semester (four new classes unless you are taking a year long course). If you were unable to pick up your second semester schedule last week, we will send you a copy via Schoology this week. If you have any schedule conflicts please contact your counselor. Second semester schedule change request forms are due Friday, January 29th.
We begin the newly adopted A/B format on January 25th. Students with the last name beginning with the letter A through K will report to in person learning on Mondays and Tuesdays. Students with the last name beginning with the letter L through Z will report to in person learning on Wednesdays and Thursdays. If any A/B in person learners have a conflict with their assigned days due to younger siblings, please contact the main office to switch your days as needed. Students that are electing to do virtual learning second semester must inform the main office and stay in touch with their teachers each week. All students will be doing virtual learning on Fridays. If the DHHR map is "Red", the high school will conduct remote learning that week. All staff and students must wear proper face covering when in the building (including on the bus) unless you have a medical condition.
As we finish the first semester and begin the second semester, I urge all students to give their best in order to be successful. If you work hard and communicate with your teachers, you will be successful. The biggest challenge teachers are facing each week is lack of communication by students. Students, no matter what barriers you are faced with...don't give up, try your best, and reach out to all your teachers weekly. Parents, we are in this together...please do not hesitate to reach out to your child's teachers as needed.
Important information regarding virtual attendance:
- Attendance reports will be generated every Friday morning for the week prior to
- If your student does not make contact that week, he/she will be counted absent every day of that respective week.
- Each student has 4 classes. If one or two teachers have not had contact with your student, your student will be marked half day absent every day that week by the administration. If three or four teachers have not had contact, your student will be marked full day absent every day that week by the administration.
- Contact can consist of assignments being submitted or emails, Schoology messages, or phone calls from your students to your teachers.
If you have any questions, please direct them to Mr. Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last week I mailed home a letter to all students (a copy is attached in case you haven't received it yet) encouraging them to keep their heads up. The first semester has been a struggle and very frustrating to us all. I am proud of our staff and students for making the necessary adjustments and for staying strong. Now, we most move forward this second semester by making the most of each day.
Hampshire HS Highlights...
- Athletics> If we are not "Red" on the DHHR map and we are having in-person learning...sports practice can resume/begin on Feb. 15. Non winter sports can begin conditioning and weight training on the same date. Please contact Mr. Stewart for additional information.
This Week @ HHS...
- Mon, Jan. 25th> Second Semester begins!
Thursday, January 21, 2021 students may pick up meals or have meals delivered. Curbside meals will be available from 10:00-12:00 at all schools. Meals will be delivered beginning at 9:30 am. Please register your child on the Hampshire County Board of Education website if you are interested in receiving meals.
Guide to Schoology for parents and guardians:
Hampshire High School
Adult Basic Education Program
Upcoming Events – January 2021
Event: Parent’s/Grandparent’s Guide to Schoology
Part I: The Basics
When: Tuesday - January 19th, 2021
Thursday - January 21st, 2021
Time: 5:00 – 7:00 pm
Register by clicking the following link: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=S7AZ4AwzekaLrgn7FzdNanpvqy_UFrdCo1d5J_actwNURTlPQk43MklMUzBYS0sxNDdIVTk0V1hYTy4u
Class size is limited. All CDC guidelines will be following for COVID-19 including facemasks, hand sanitizer, and social distancing.
All parents/grandparents of Hampshire County School students welcome!!!!