Yeager Addresses Parents
- Labor Day- student/staff holiday
- PTO Meeting and Volunteer Orientation at 9:15am or 6pm - Yeager Cafeteria
- Back to School Night/Open House- Grades: PPCD/ PK/Kinder/1/2 at 6:00 pm followed by the PTO Auction at 6:45 p.m.
- Back to School Night/Open House- Grades: 3/4/5/LS at 6:00 pm followed by the PTO Auction at 6:45 p.m.
- VIPS Nature Trails Training at SRC (3rd &5th grade volunteers)
- Big Kahuna Fundraiser Kick-off
- WATCH DOGS kick-off meeting 6-6:45; Yeager cafeteria
27th & 28th
- Hearing and Vision Screening - Volunteers Needed
Sep. 28th- October 5th
- Book Fair Week
Important Date Flyer - Revised
A big thank you to all our volunteers and bus buddies for helping with the first week of school!
- With our new Grab and Go Breakfast, students may not bring breakfast to class from home or a restaurant. Only breakfast food purchased in the cafeteria may be eaten at school.
- Lunch drop offs are for when your child forgot their lunch only. If a lunch is dropped off, it will be placed on a cart in the front office. Students will need to stop by the front office to pick up their lunch on the way to the cafeteria. We are not able to deliver lunches to classrooms.
To help our students stay healthy and thriving in the classroom, please review these
- Pre K & Kinder students are highly encouraged to keep a full change of clothes (underwear, shorts/pants, & shirt) in their backpack every day.
- Free flu vaccinations will be offered at Yeager on October 25th by Healthy Schools. The consent forms went home on the first day of school and the deadline to submit consent forms for free flu shots is Friday September 14th. You can also register your child online at cyfairisdflu.com.
- Vision & Hearing screenings for Yeager students are scheduled for September 26th-27th. Please be sure students bring their glasses on screening days.
- Fever: A child should remain home with fever at and above 100° F and should only return after he/she has been fever free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medicine such as Tylenol or Motrin.
- Diarrhea/Vomiting: A child with diarrhea and/or vomiting should stay at home and return to school only after being symptom free for 24 hours.
- Medication (Prescription and Over the Counter): All medication must be brought to the clinic by a parent/guardian. Medication will be secured in the clinic at all times. For the safety and protection of all students, medication will not be sent home with students.
Looking forward to a great year,
Meredith Young, RN
Car Rider Procedures
If your child will come to school by car every day, or on a regular basis, this letter will help you become familiar with our procedures.
Below are some procedures that we want to ensure occur every day so that your children are safe.
Arrival in the morning
- Cars will enter the parking lot by making a right turn only, if they are approaching from 1960 please pass the school and make a U to get at the end of the line. Please do not block the cross streets of the neighborhood or the roads. Please do not cut in line.
- The double line does not start until the sign. After the sign, cars will go up to the unloading area in two lines. Remember to keep the flow of traffic and not block the exit.
- Please keep your child in the car until a Yeager staff member indicates it is safe to leave the vehicle and go directly to the sidewalk.
- Parents must remain in their vehicles. If your child needs help getting out of the car, please let a staff member know. We need parents to be alert and ready when they are instructed to move in the line.
- Every morning we will have a staff member directing traffic starting at 8:25. Please be careful when driving in our car line and wait for your instructions. We make sure all students are safe before letting cars continue.
*** Instruction begins at 8:45, students need to be in their classroom at that time. Our staff members will stop directing the cars at 8:40. Please, do not leave your children outside if there are no adults present. You will have to walk your child to the office if you arrive later than this. This helps ensure that students arrive on time to class and are safe in our parking lot.
Departure in the afternoon
- Students are taken to the car line at approximately 4:00.
- Please enter the parking lot and turn right and form a double line when you reach the sign indicating that you do so.
- Parents must remain in their vehicles. Students will only be released when their number has been called and the orange car sticker is visible from the rear view mirror.
- Staff members will be present to supervise the safety of students.
- Parents with vehicles that do not have a clearly visible car tag will be asked to show their driver's license and wait while we verify their identity with the office. We will release students only to people who are authorized as legal guardians or emergency contacts in our system. Your child's safety is our # 1 priority.
Parents, please help your student learn their car rider number. Also, stay off your cell phone and remain in your car while in the car rider line.
The line of cars tends to be long, especially the first weeks of school. Have patience! We also want to remind you that bus service is available to most of our students. Students who arrive by bus are never considered late.
Lunch visitors will start on Monday, September 17th. Please remember that to help streamline the process and reduce the number of days that we have steady campus traffic during the week, we ask that students have a lunch visitor no more than one day per week (any day).
Please be prepared to show a photo ID every time you visit the school for any reason
Please do not park at the business across the street when visiting Yeager. They have notified us that they will tow Yeager vehicles. Also, do not park on the median on Champion Forest Dr. or in the bus loop.
Registration to receive important school messages
The instructions for adding text messages to your school Messenger account are in the link below. All parents must update their school messenger information to continue receiving emails, messages and texts.