- School Resumes - Monday, 1/6/2020
- PTA Board Meeting - Friday, 1/10/2020
- Oyster Bagging @MPA - Saturday, 1/11/2020
- School Improvement Council meeting - Tuesday, 1/14/2020
- Early Release (12:25pm) - Friday, 1/17/2020
- Martin Luther King Jr. holiday (No School) - Monday, 1/20/2020
- Report Cards distributed - Wednesday, 1/22/2020
- Food Truck Friday - Friday, 1/24/2020 (Platia - Greek cuisine)
Check out this quick video on the importance of goals from a kids point of view!
Small Talk | Goals | CBC Kids
First Semester Awards
This year we will recognize third through fifth grade students for their hard work throughout the first semester. These awards will be given based on the average of first and second nine weeks grading periods. Please join us on Friday, January 24, 2020 for awards.
- Third Grade - 8:00am
- Fourth Grade - 9:15am
- Fifth Grade - 10:00am
No School Monday, January 20, 2020 - M.L. King Jr. Day Observance
Updates and Reminders
- If your child is interested in participating in our annual talent show this year, please see the attached letter.
- Please take time to clean out and wash your child's bookbag, lunchbox and jacket prior to returning to school Monday. This is also a great time to review your dismissal procedures and safety expectations. If your child walks to and from school alone, you may want to review their route and tips for dealing with trouble.
- Don't forget to write a note within three days of their return when your child is out from being sick.
- Parents notes for illnesses are excused until a child has been out ten days. After the tenth day, only doctors notes are excused for illnesses.
- Please notify the office if your child is diagnosed with the flu. It is helpful if we know the strain your child is infected with as well. Nurse Carolyn_Wysong@charleston.k12.sc.us keeps records of these to help keep everyone healthy.
- If you have moved since we last verified your residency, please submit your new address information to Susanf_Williams@charleston.k12.sc.us. In the case of an emergency, requiring staging off campus our team will use what we have in PowerSchool to contact and locate parents. It is crucial that we have the address where you are currently living.
The mission of Mt. Pleasant Academy Elementary School. working in partnership with families and the community, is to assist each student to excel academically, act responsibly and to expand talents and social skills by providing diverse learning experiences in a nurturing environment.