Wolverine Parent News
2020-2021 School Year: Volume 2
Dear West Families,
The first nine weeks of school have been a joy! I love seeing students interact with each other and engage in learning. West Forsyth High School is pleased to offer face to face instruction, athletic competitions, performances, and opportunities for clubs and organizations to meet. My hope is that these things can continue without interruption, so today, I am reaching out to you for your help and support.
The administration and staff focus every day on keeping our West Family as safe as possible during this pandemic. In general, students are doing a great job adhering to our back to school guidelines. However, we have seen a decline in the number of students wearing masks. We are lucky to live in an area that has experienced fewer positive COVID-19 cases than our surrounding areas and I am fearful that we are becoming complacent and letting our guard down. We are all in this together and must stay vigilant.
Parents and guardians, I need your help. All students and staff are expected to wear masks. Please remind your student to wear a mask in order to keep themselves and others safe. Wearing a mask does not keep a student from being quarantined, but it does keep less students from contracting the virus. If the number of students contracting the virus is reduced, then less students will be quarantined.
Please take some time to review the back to school guidelines on our website. Talk with your children about the importance of following these guidelines every day. Emphasize the importance of wearing a mask to keep the West Family safe. Have a great Wolverine day!
Keep West at its Best! Wolverine Family, Wear your mask! #ProtectTheDen
Please help us continue to encourage safe practices both at West and in our community.
West Forsyth High School Blue/Gold Schedule
What's Happening at West
Are you looking for the most current news about what is happening at West?
Make sure you follow us on all our social media platforms:
Facebook - www.facebook.com/WestForsythHS
Twitter - @WFHS_HS & @WFHSAthDept
Instagram - westforsythhigh
Semester 2 Commitment Form
School Calendar Changes
October 26 - 30th:
- Red Ribbon Week
- Wellness Wednesday/West Community Night - Red Ribbon Week (Say No to Drugs).
- Students wear red to school
- School-wide door decorating contest - send your student with supplies based on activity period teacher's theme
- PSAT Make-up for any previously registered students who were unable to test on the 14th
- Staff and students may wear costumes to school - only safety masks will be permitted; no other face coverings are allowed.
- November 1st is the senior tribute ad deadline. Senior ad and yearbook orders can be placed at www.westforsythyearbook.com
- Underclassmen & Faculty Make-Up Pictures 5th period in Aux Gym
- Virtual Students: 4-5 p.m. in the Café
- Senior Portrait Last Call Roadshoot, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. in Aux Gym
- Turkey drive! West Community schools are partnering with The Place to help with their Thanksgiving meal boxes. See the image below for details.
- Veteran's Day - If you would like to honor a Veteran living/working in our community, please fill out this form.
- Senior Yearbook Only Portraits 8-5 p.m. in Aux Gym
Looking for extra academic help?
Be an ICON
We are asking all our Wolverines to Be an ICON while at West Forsyth High School and around the community. Please discuss ICON with your students at home and ask them what it means to Be an ICON. We are also rewarding both your children and our faculty for displaying the characteristics of ICON while on campus or at West Events. If you would like to recognize one of our West Faculty members, please use one of the Google Forms below. These entries will be used for a Support Staff and Teacher of the month recognition.
Join the PTO
WFHS PTO is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization made up of parents and teachers who support and enhance the social/emotional and educational development of students and staff at WFHS. Your membership and donation dollars fund staff and student hospitality programs, teacher grants, and student scholarships. Please fill out and submit this form and choose one of several payment options. Thank you for joining WFHS PTO! Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.