- Nearly 45% of kids have been bullied online.
- 70% of students report seeing bullying online often.
- As most teens use a cell phone regularly, it is one of the most common medium for cyber bullying.
- 69% of teens agree that cyber bullying is a serious problem.
- 90% of teens who have seen social-media bullying say they have ignored it.
- 80% of young people think bullying online is easy to get away with.
- About 59% of kids admit someone has said mean or hurtful things to them online.
- About 75% have visited a website bashing another student.
- Only 1 in 10 victims will inform a parent of their abuse.
- 1 in 10 girls are victims of cyberbullying.
- Bullying victims are 2 to 9 times more likely to consider committing suicide.
There are many bad people who use the internet as a way of making themselves feel better.
Cyber bullying can be continued outside of a chat room.
Another classic case
While most people associate bullying with physical punishment, many forms of bullying are psychological.