What do they do?
- Assess and diagnose psychological problems
- Treat psychological disorders
- Teach (College professors)
- Conduct research
- Create and administer programs to treat and prevent social problems\
- Drug and alcohol treatment
How much do they make?
Clinical psychologists can expect to make anywhere from $51,800 - $90,330, but they can make over $100,000 when they work in a private practice
- Good listener
- Not easily flustered
- Able to remain calm
- Can "think outside the box"
- Can think on feet
Why would a background in psych be helpful?
A background in psych would be helpful because you use it everyday to help and treat your patients.