Safety and Security Online
Online Predators and how to detect them.
- Online predators seduce their target by giving them the attention and affection they are looking for
- Predators share pornography to try to persuade them that sex is OK with an adult.
- Teens who engage in online chat rooms are more likely to be solicited
- Long distance phone call from a strange man it could be a sex offender seeking to engage in phone sex.
You never really know who your talking to
Online predators visit Facebook and chat rooms to search for victums
Watchdog allows you to search for predators in your area
How to Avoid Online Predators
- Family watch is a good website to check for sex offenders in their area.
- If a parent talks to their children about the red flags to look for online.
- When talking to someone you don't know do not go meet them unless you know its really them.
- If your talking to someone and their asking personal questions you know they shouldn't be, this could be a predator.