November 14 - 20, 2021
Quarter 1 grades are now available in the Infinite Campus parent portal.
We have a short 2-day week before Thanksgiving. I hope you all enjoy a break and the Thanksgiving holiday.
Updates, news, and notes from BHS below. As always, let us know if we can support your student in any additional way.
Brockport High School
Ph: (585) 637-1877
Fax: (585) 637-1867
News and Notes
Dear BCSD families,
As you may know, schools across New York State and the nation are facing bus driver shortages, and Brockport Central School District is not immune to this challenge. Due to this driver shortage, BCSD has employed multiple stopgaps, while maintaining the highest level of safety. We anticipate that bus driver availability may become even more limited during the winter months and flu season, compounding an already difficult situation. Families may feel the impact of this in delayed bus runs to and from school, as well as the cancellation of extra-curricular and athletic bus runs.
In preparation for these challenges, we are alerting parents now about what to expect if their child(ren)’s bus is delayed or canceled. In the event our District is unable to cover all bus routes as scheduled:
- Parents/guardians will receive notification from our District detailing the bus number(s) affected and estimated time of delay or changes as soon as we are aware of na issue. Please check your email each morning and afternoon before your child(ren)’s normal bus run to learn about any delays or cancellations.
- Parents/guardians who wish to pick up their child(ren) at the school should inform the school’s main office and arrange a pick-up time (preferably at least one hour before your child’s school dismissal time).
- If you have difficulty reaching the Transportation Department, please know that all certified drivers – which includes our office staff and mechanics – are being deployed as drivers during this period. This may cause a delay in responding to your call. We recommend using email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call in the middle of the day between the morning and afternoon bus runs, if possible. Someone will respond as soon as they are able.
- After-school activities and athletic bus runs may be canceled due to this labor shortage. We are making every effort to avoid these situations, but these scenarios are possible in the current environment. Please check your email for notifications about cancellations or delays.
- If you are able to drive your child and/or are willing to carpool with a neighbor, that may help alleviate some of the burden on the current system. Please notify Transportation at 637-1880 if choosing to do so.
- Similar to other Districts, we are experiencing a shortage of applicants in the areas of Bus Driver, Food Services and Operations & Maintenance (custodial/cleaner). If you or someone you know is interested in a career with BCSD, please ask them to visit Brockport Central School District - Frontline Recruitment (applitrack.com) or attend the BCSD Job Fair on Monday, November 22, between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. at the Technology Training Center on campus.
Director of Transportation
Superintendent of Schools
Dear BHS Parents/Guardians,
I am excited to tell you about our new tutoring services, provided by Paper.
Paper is a secure, online tutoring service that provides students with unlimited, 24/7 academic support. Whether they are stuck on homework, studying for a test, or need someone to read and make suggestions to their essays, there will always be experts available online to assist students in over 200 subjects and more than four languages.
Paper tutors have been specially trained to conduct expert, academic support in a secure, chat-based platform. With a commitment to helping students learn, they will never give students answers, but rather interact with them in an encouraging tone to lead them forward.
This is a free service that we are providing, so students are encouraged to use it as much as they need, whenever they need.
Brockport High School
If you would like to learn more about Paper you can sign up for a Paper hosted Parent Info Session, available in both English and Spanish. Or if you would like to speak to a member of the Paper team directly, you can reach them at email@example.com.
To see Paper and the help it offers firsthand, we encourage you to login with your students. To get started, simply have your child log into their ClassLink account and click on the Paper icon.
We are thrilled to offer our students the unlimited, 24/7 support that Paper provides, and we cannot wait to see what we are able to accomplish together.
If you have questions please contact me or Rachel Kluth, Assistant to the Superintendent for Instruction.
Every season the NYSPHAA recognizes varsity individual athletes who maintain a high GPA while competing and varsity teams who achieve an average GPA of 90% or higher for 75% of the roster. We are pleased to announce the following results and highlights from our fall 2021 season:
- Girls Tennis: 97.86%
- Girls Cross Country: 97.72%
- Boys Soccer: 96.69%
- Girls Volleyball: 96.60%
- Girls Soccer: 96.55%
- Girls Swimming: 96.54%
- Boys Cross Country: 93.84%
- Boys Volleyball: 93.57%
- Football: 90.0%
- Jasmyn Miller (12) – 102.25 Soccer
- Gianna Tribotte (12) – 101.70 Cross Country
- Maeve Grady (12) – 101.50 Soccer
- Kiera Wilson (12) – 101.50 Soccer
- Jason Kleehammer (10) – 101.28 Volleyball
- Natalie Utz (12) – 101.22 Swimming
- Layla Myers (12) – 101.22 Volleyball
- Sophia Visconte (10) – 100.99 Tennis
- Lily Panning (12) – 100.99 Volleyball
- Thomas Sidore (12) – 100.94 Soccer
- Caitlyn Archibald (12) – 100.48 Soccer
- Ella Fadale (12) – 100.28 Soccer
- Jessica DiFilippo (12) – 100.26 Tennis
- Megan Smith (11) – 100.19 Cross Country
- Jacob Miller (12) – 100.14 Soccer
- Nolan Munn (9) – 100.10 Cross Country
Congratulations to all our athletes for working and playing hard! We thank you for giving your best every day both on and off the field!
Class of 2022 Fundraisers!
The Class of 2022 is selling candles through Scents by Design. Take care of your holiday shopping while supporting the senior class and a local woman owned business! Custom candle scents were created by the Class of 2022 officers and representatives. Candles are $20 each plus tax for a total of $21.60 each. Candles will be delivered to the building of your preference the week of December 20th in time for the holidays! Sale runs now - December 15th. To purchase, click on the Microsoft form link below. Thanks for supporting the Class of 2022!
Link to the form: https://forms.office.com/r/Xwxj72t0b5
The Class of 2022 is also doing a SECOND ORDER for senior sweatshirts & sweatpants ($40 a piece) for anyone who still wants one. Please bring payment AND order form(s) directly to Ms. Lysiak in Room 118 or Ms. Restaino in Room 250 by Wednesday, December 1st. Order forms can be found in the BHS Senior Class Team in the "From your class advisor" channel. Please message Ms. Lysiak or Ms. Restaino if you have questions!
Class of 2025 Fundraiser!
The BHS Freshmen are running a cookie dough fundraiser. The sale runs through November 27. If you wish to support the Class of 2025, please follow the directions below.
- Go to www.supportmyfundraiser.org
- Enter the Seller ID 00652248. This is a general account for the class.
- If a student gives you their code the process is the same, the order just goes under their name.
- Click Ship to Seller
- Add desired items and quantities to your cart, then check out online.
Orders will be delivered to BHS the week of December 13-17 - just in time for holiday baking! Please contact me with any questions.
Thank you for supporting the Class of 2025. Happy shopping!
Brockport High School: (585) 637-1870
Principal: (585) 637-1877
Assistant Principal Benzan: (585) 637-1870
Assistant Principal Bourne: (585) 637-1979
Assistant Principal Iacchetta: (585) 637-1870
Attendance Office: (585) 637-1871
Attendance Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Counseling Office: (585) 637-1873
School Nurse: (585) 637-1872