The Patrick Henry Post
October 13th, 2022
Highlight on The Patrick Henry Leadership Team
Meeting the Needs of all Students
From the Desk of Ms. Jones
From the Desk of Ms. Harris
From the Desk of Ms. Webb
Hi families! This year, I am working to form a committee of families to participate in our Patrick Henry Parent Support Group. My goal is to meet with parents once a month virtually. I will provide an agenda to discuss current events about Patrick Henry and upcoming events within the community. I want to create a safe space for families to have an open discussion for better understanding in how to create support between school and home. If you are interested in joining, please contact the main office or email me: email@example.com.
From the Desk of Ms. Gregory
From the Desk of Ms. Smith
From the Desk of Dr. Rogers
- Keep the school and all of its students and staff safe at all times
- Manage the Leadership Team
- Evaluate all staff
- Nurture relationships with stakeholders
- Manage the school budget
- Provide professional development and coaching
- Set goals for the school's academic growth
- Develop family relationships and support children's safety and continued learning at home
Some of my favorite parts of the day include:
- Building relationships with students to make sure they always feel safe and welcome at Patrick Henry
- Observing in classrooms to see the learning happening first hand
- Supporting teachers with big or small tasks such as purchasing supplies, making copies, subbing in classrooms, or providing treats to let the staff know I care about them
- Checking in on the attendance of our students and staff to challenge everyone to be at Patrick Henry as much as possible for their learning, growth, and development
A few highlights from this year include:
- Leading professional development with our staff and making sure they feel like they are part of a mission to give our students the very best every day
- Creating a new Teachers' Lounge for our staff to have a place to relax and prepare for their lessons
- Opening two new preschool classrooms with two new preschool teachers who already love Patrick Henry and our students
- Celebrating the first day of school and welcoming all of our new and returning families back to Patrick Henry
- Treating the Patrick Henry staff to not one but two free Cardinals games already!
- Welcoming parents and families back for in-person Open House!
- Seeing our students already show reading and math growth on the STAR assessment
- Welcoming grandparents into Patrick Henry to celebrate Grandparents' Day on September 12th
- Celebrating the incredibly hard work of our staff and students that led to our two recognitions as a Missouri Green School and one of America's Healthiest Schools
Congratulations, STAR Winners!
Highlights around Patrick Henry
Visitors to the School
I will stay with my teacher at all times.
I will use my walking feet.
I will stay on the blacktop until I get picked up.
I will make sure my teacher sees who is picking me up.
I will be careful around the cars.
Our families do a wonderful job of making our dismissal safe every day!
Backpack Delivery for Staff
October 13th: Final Day to Sign Up for the Patrick Henry Parent Support Group
October 14th: Report Cards for Quarter 1 Emailed Home
October 17th-20th: Parent Teacher Conferences
- Monday, October 17th, 3:15-5:15pm
- Tuesday, October 18th, 3:15-5:15pm
- Wednesday, October 19th, 3:15-5:15pm
- Thursday, October 20th, 3:15-3:45pm
You should also receive a packet of interventions from your child's teacher this week. Every student will receive a one-pager to explain their current Reading and Math level, and what you can do at home with your child to make sure they are always challenged and growing as Readers and Mathematicians!
October 28th: Patrick Henry Halloween
- Donate candy to the school for our candy stations (all candy welcome!)
- Volunteer the day of the event (Friday, October 28th, 1:00-2:30pm) - We need people to help run our stations, walk with the students through the event, and support the teachers as they assist students with costumes and candy collection
- Donate bags for the students to use to collect and hold their candy
Parents must be a registered volunteer with the district in order to participate in this event. Please contact Shanice Webb for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org, 314.231.7284
October 31st: Attendance Celebration
- 0 absences
- 0 late arrivals (students must arrive before 8:10am)
- 0 early dismissals (students must stay at school until 2:52pm)
An invitation will be sent to families who qualify by Ms. Shanice Webb. If you have questions about your child's attendance, please call the school at 314.231.7284 or email email@example.com.