NW TECHNOLOGY Information
DEADLINE TO SIGN UP FOR TECHNOLOGY INSURANCE FOR 2021-2022 - OCTOBER 31, 2021
Technology insurance is HIGHLY recommended.
Deadline to purchase insurance on your student's device or complete the NW Technology Waiver is October 31, 2021. After this date if the device does not have insurance and is damaged, the parent will be responsible for damage fees.
NW Technology Insurance- $25/device per year. If this amount is a hardship on your family, please fill out the NW Technology Waiver Fee Application
- Northwest Community School District (NWCS) is providing and administering accident protection as part of our current digital learning initiative.
- This plan covers “accidental damage” to the electronic device and is designed to limit individual financial responsibility for any damage as described in the NW Technology Handbook.
- NWEE and NWEL student devices are kept in the classroom, however, in the event that the district must transition to virtual learning, students will be required to take their devices home to learn. If damage to the device occurs off school grounds and there is no insurance on the device, all damages will be billed to the student account and a parental responsibility.
Important Information and Updates
- All NWCS students will be issued a district device. District devices MUST be used for all student testing. Students can use their personal devices for daily activities, but must have their district devices to test. Please note that NWCS Technology DOES NOT supply assistance or support for personally owned devices.
- Uninsured devices with repairs that can be fixed by the district will be charged $75 flat rate for damages. If it is not repairable, uninsured devices will be charged a total replacement fee. Please see our Technology Handbook for a list of fees.
For information on how to purchase Technology Insurance for your student's NW technology or need information on how to report a damaged device click here.
If you are having any issues with a NW Technology Device, the 1st step is to fill out our Technology ticket by clicking here. Technology tickets can also be entered on our website (www.nwschools.org) or mobile app.
- The policies in this handbook refer to the use of an individual student computing device which is to include a Chromebook, iPad, etc... In addition to this Student Handbook, students are required to follow all the policies and guidelines outlined in Northwest Community Schools “Acceptable Use Policy”. As Northwest’s one-to-one initiative centers on new devices, software, computer applications, instructional methods and new learning opportunities, additional policies will be continually reviewed and this set of policies updated.